5.0 out of 5 stars I bought the original back in the late seventies........
Published on 8 Sep 2009 by Mr. Paul J. Civil

3.0 out of 5 stars Should have read the description!!!
As I'm not a particularly good reader of scores this book hasn't really worked out for me... I foolishly thought it might include guitar tab but it doesn't. Oh well, maybe one day I'll take the time to work out some of it by laboriously translating the notation into tab.

Published on 21 May 2009 by Scratch_Eddie

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought the original back in the late seventies........, 8 Sep 2009
This review is from: John McLaughlin and the Mahavishnu Orchestra: Score Edition (Score) (Sheet music)
........and was surprised to see it go out of print. This is a welcome reissue for Mahavishnu fans, however it's not for 'guitar tab only' readers. Instead it gives a notated score for ALL instruments, and an indication of the scale/mode to be used for soloing. The best approach for me was to listen to the original recording while reading the score, then to sit down with guitar or kb and work out a suitable fingering - as far as I can tell it's all standard tuning. There's more than one position to play some of the guitar parts, and that's why I prefer notation - you can make the part your own.

3.0 out of 5 stars Should have read the description!!!, 21 May 2009

Nice front cover, it looks comprehensive enough inside too, with parts for drums, keys, bass and violin too.

ARRAY(0xaf60315c)

John McLaughlin and the Mahavishnu Orchestra: Score Edition (Score)
John McLaughlin and the Mahavishnu Orchestra: Score Edition (Score) by John McLaughlin (Sheet music - 12 Jan 2006)
15.80