Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 March 2011
In their wisdom Amazon have confused the reviews for LEVEL 1 & LEVEL 3. They're duplicated for both levels. This is a listing for LEVEL 3 of the series with the following songs:

Blue Bayou

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

Written in the Stars

Y.M.C.A.

You'll Be in My Heart

(I'll just point out here that I haven't yet got this copy, but I have the two earlier levels and they are ideal to use with the Alfred's all in one series)

The songs progress in difficulty throughout the book and have the page number to correspond with both the Alfred's and Alfred's all-in-one course.
on 20 November 2009
It is a great book with your favourite tunes like "Love me tender", "Edelweiss", "What a wonderful World", "Memory" (from Cats) - to mention just a few. It can be used on its own, but I am using it together with Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Course. This book is a great supplement to help you along with practising different lessons and adding some variety to your repertoire!
on 26 March 2011
Very good book that is suggested you buy on a certain page of Level one Alfreds all in one piano course. But not for beginners and I am certainly not yet able to play these pieces from the level I'm at in Alfreds book. So a bit misleading but maybe in a few months. Once again it is almost impossible to find pieces for the first few months of playing the piano that are not too easy and not too hard. I only found one suitable book that was psalms and hymns aimed at children which I don't particularly want to play!

Music book compilers, take note!
on 4 January 2016
These work very well to supplement the Alfred Adult Basic Piano course. Like the tutor books, the print is bold and clear - particularly helpful to the older beginner! There is a reasonable selection of popular film music (mostly older classics) and the arrangements are carefully worked out to sit comfortably with the tutor book, which is often cross-referenced. Very useful.
on 9 October 2011
Just the job for an old bloke starting from scratch to play keyboard.
Worth purchasing if you are in a similar position.
on 20 July 2016
This book is great for pianists of about Grade 2 level. The print is very clear, the selection and arrangements are very good. If you have followed the Alfred Basic Adult Piano Course it is supplementary material. I will be taking it along to piano lessons. (adult learner). Hope to buy more in the series.
on 10 March 2015
I have just begun to play the piano again and find Alfred's Basic Piano Course books really easy to follow and most enjoyable. My husband Ian enjoys listening to me to me play "Love Me Tender", "Edelweiss" and "My Heart Wiil Go On" to mention just a few.

It was a great help to be able to look inside the book on the Amazon website. Really good purchase. Excellent service!
on 14 December 2012
It is very good and most of the arrangements are good. Thoroughly recommended as repertoir for lower grade pianists. Very good.
on 21 August 2015
Got the Level 1, after buying some of the other Alfred's all in one books, and it has been great to play known tunes, some are a little more challenging than others but with practice they are all doable.
on 6 November 2010
Linked to Alfreds Basic Piano Course, Adult All In One Course Book 1. Bought when the course book suggested but it introduces fingering and notes which the Basic Piano Book haven't covered yet so a bit more challenging than I wanted. I am 20 pages past where it suggests buying the book but can only play the first piece at the moment. Had wanted something to compliment the main book which it doesn't do. However, I am sure it will be useful as my playing improves.