Format: Cards|Change

on 10 June 2013
These cards are stunning. The colours of the deck are breathtaking and the details are amazing. It quickly became one of my favourites.
on 12 July 2013
This deck draws heavily on the Rider Waite cards, as do do many others, BUT it is s bold, colourful (verging on busy at times) and gilt edged wonder.

Some traditionalists will probably hate it .... but I found it to be a really lovely addition to my working decks. OK, it's almost too nice to use for everyday readings but would add more than an element of glitzy magic to readings undertaken in festivals.

If you use the cards personally for inspiration then I might be tempted to say this deck is a must...,
on 29 March 2014
I love the rich color and vivid image of many cards in the deck when browsing on the internet. However, i would agree with many reviewers that it is not easy to read. Every card is so crowded and it is very difficult to get a sense of spread with a glance. Maybe less is more.
on 11 June 2013
These cards arrived the week before my holiday. I just had to take them with me. I had been looking forward to getting this deck for some time and I was not disappointed. The cards were beautiful and very good quality as was the book included with the deck. There is much food for thought in this little book. I too, would have liked to have seen the follow up book as a paper book rather than kindle. I was very,very impressed by this deck.
on 31 May 2013
This is a lovely deck well worth adding to a collectioj easy to read beautiful artwork gilt edged n really informative book
on 8 April 2016
A gloriously sumptuous extravaganza of riotously bright, colourful, fabulous quality cards. Based on the RWS system.The cards are VERY thick, which I love, (but not for riffle shufflers). Images are borderless. The backs are of the same design as the box cover, but instead of a picture, the centre has a kind of church window effect with a floral motif at the centre and are reversible.
The card edges are gilded, and the card dimensions are 4.75 x 2.75" and the height of the deck stacked is 1.25" The finish is glossy, but not high gloss.
I've been reading with these for a couple of months and the images are easily readable for anyone familiar with RWS. They really speak to me, but that issue is, as always, subjective!
The 160pp accompanying book is just as beautiful as the cards. full colour throughout with a sturdy matte gilded cover. Inside are four spreads to start you off, and colour illustrations of each card, with the meanings.Dimensions are 5 x7.75 x 0.5"
The box that contains the cards and book is also of high quality, very sturdy with a magnetic closure at the side and the same height and width as the book.
I often send back decks with beautiful artwork because the quality is poor, but this deck doesn't disappoint on that level at all!
The only criticism I have is that the stunning art deserves to be on larger cards.
on 3 April 2014
I got them just yesterday!!!
Simply stunning cards with amazing colouring and images that let your imagination work at its best !
My only problem with these cards, is the size.In my opinion cards with so many details and information should be much bigger ,so you ll be able to get lost in them....unfortunately this is not happening100% with this deck.
on 23 July 2015
A beautiful deck, stunning imagery that I found easy to work with straight away.

My only complaint with it is that when at the printers some of the cards have obviously been cut too short as half of the text is missing at the bottom :(
on 4 June 2013
Tarot Illuminati kit arrived this morning.

Opened and examined very carefully since I gather there have been problems with quality on some. All appears fine, however - gilding intact, all cards present in the right order, and none sticking together. I've not always found the decks published by Los Scarabeo to be to my taste but they have certainly excelled themselves with this.

The cards are truly wonderful - vibrant colours and eminently detailed (a larger card size might have shown them off to better advantage?) and good to have the glossy book to accompany them - I particularly like the concise descriptive phrase provided for each card.

Just a pity that the expanded book is available only on kindle - some of us like an old fashioned book that we can leaf through, and I'm sure it would have sold well. Happy with my choice, of deck, and the service provided by Amazon in getting it to me.
on 23 September 2015
Saw this deck (googled images of it) and just had to have it. It is so much more sumptuous than other decks (even the wonderful Gilded Tarot). It is truly illuminating (!) and feeds the soul with beautiful images. It's also easy to follow as it matches the Rider Waite images. The Pages are Princesses and the Knights are Princes but one soon gets used to that. I personally love the exhuberance of colour and detail in each image. Like most people I have my favourites but there isn't one that I don't like. The accompanying book is very good at explaining each card. The spreads given I don't think are easy and I won't use those, but the book overall is excellent. I can't imagine wanting to use my other decks now as this brings so much more to the table.