5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and practical, but a bit flimsy perhaps.
Published 8 months ago by Emily Benedict

2.0 out of 5 stars An attractive deck, but...
Published 20 months ago by George Spiggott

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and practical, but a bit flimsy perhaps., 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Golden Universal Tarot Deck (Cards)
These cards were quite nice. You get the basic image of the Universal deck but then this additional richness of the black border and gold in places. You get the gold on some of the features of the main image, or as a dotty background, and on the corner motif and number at the bottom. The backs of the cards do not have any gold - they are a black background with a heavy goldy-mustard colour leafy swirl pattern. Yes the gold isn't uniform and looks 'flaky' in places, but I think that adds to it. It doesn't look or feel too opulent or vulgar. With that slightly flaked/used look I wouldn't be afraid to use these as my everyday deck, but they are still quite beautiful for a Universal-style deck of cards. I think the black border works well, regardless of the gold.
They are your standard sort of card size - possibly a bit more long-and-thin than some squarer decks. They fit in the hand nicely.

I'd say that perhaps some people might be expecting a slightly thicker or stiffer card, given the gold/special aspect of the deck - whereas they are in fact standard, fairly thin and bendy cards. The edges will separate a little or peel or catch and look worn after a while.
If you are after a fancy display deck or something to look grand or big or to use for show - these aren't the ones. If you want some practical, usable, everyday cards that are a bit different and pretty, these are the cards for you.

Personally I think they are worth it and are the nicest deck I've had so far, hence the 5 stars. I've no desire to buy another deck or change.

2.0 out of 5 stars An attractive deck, but..., 24 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Golden Universal Tarot Deck (Cards)
Having recently come across, and being impressed by the artwork for this deck in Donald Tyson's book '1-2-3 Tarot' I'm afraid to say that I find myself disappointed with my purchase. It appears that maybe I missed something in the description but I wasn't expecting the cards to actually have 'gold' plastered all over them, and regardless the manufacturer's assurance that it was intentional to make some of the cards deliberately look worn, to me the 'aged' cards just look like a failure in the quality control department to spot a printing error.

4.0 out of 5 stars shiney, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Golden Universal Tarot Deck (Cards)
Really nice images on the cards and there a really nice feel to them. They have bits of gold on every card making the cards one of a kind and stand out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cards, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Golden Universal Tarot Deck (Cards)
I love these cards, they could be a little thicker though but the images are lovely and i love the gold on them, they really stand out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful golden details and patterns, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Golden Universal Tarot Deck (Cards)
Very nice tarot deck with lovely golden details. The cards are a bit thin though, but that's regular for the lo scarabeo cards.

Golden Universal Tarot Deck
Golden Universal Tarot Deck by Lo Scarabeo (Cards - 8 May 2013)