5.0 out of 5 stars In Every Regard a Superb Publication!, 22 April 2014
This review is from: The Essential Lenormand: Your Guide to Precise & Practical Fortunetelling (Paperback)
The Essential Lenormand by Rana George is - on every level, a beautifully crafted publication. To anyone who is new to the Lenormand divination system this is an excellent place to start in that provides so much practical insight and guidance to the newbie and yet at the same time provides a wealth of information to established readers of the cards.

Full of supporting images and diagrams as well as specific guidance on how to apply card meanings to different elements of life this book is both a great read and a useful reference. The authors includes anecdotal stories that help the reader to understand how diverse and yet powerful these cards can be in the hands of a skilled reader.

A highly recommended book from someone who does not give 5 stars too often to products!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 14 Mar 2014
I'm completely new to Lenormand having been a Tarot reader for some 12 years, I really wanted to try my hand with another divination and Lenormand was the one! I had heard good things about Rana George and her expertise in this field, so ordered both the kindle edition and paperback edition of her new book.... I'm still awaiting delivery of the paperback but have the kindle edition... It is wonderful, so easy to understand and follow, Rana is warm and friendly throughout! There is so much info in the book but Rana's style makes it a pleasure to read.. I was a little worried about learning Lenormand as I felt my tarot knowledge would hamper my studies (the two divination systems are completely different!) but that is not the case, I'm loving this book and I'm learning so much from it... So I would highly recommend this book, either kindle or paperback form, or both lol, to beginners and even the more experienced, there is something in there for all levels of Lenormand students! Brilliant book... Thank you Rana for writing it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Has Made My Readings Work, 10 July 2014
A Passer By "Book Lover" (Leeds) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I am very happy I bought this book. I didn't have many expectations but I wanted someone to answer my questions. I didn't require the book to be difficult or easy, to explain Grand Tableau or not, but I wanted someone to show me how this works, to prove it to me. I haven't had great experience with my readings before and although I did readings for myself and friends, something was lacking, something was not clicking, something was not right. I thought that memorizing the combinations and learning theory in a nerdy way would help me achieve accuracy in readings.

While practicing my Lenormand readings on one of Facebook groups, I kept seeing people talking about "The Essential Lenormand" by Rana George being one of the best Lenormand books ever. I already had a Lenormand course purchased from another author and I thought that I should stay content with that. However people kept talking about "Rana's spreads" and "Rana's keywords" and "Rana's ways". I had not heard anyone say one bad word about the book and seeing it was 408 pages thick, I bought it.

I went through the beautiful, big, thick book with an amazing glossy cover (which feels great) and was extremely happy to find out author's personal life story in Lebanon. I was very touched by the long years of war that the author had experienced. I was also impressed by the story with the French uncle. For some reason, it all sounded like a painful fairy tale. I loved this sentence: "With our escape to the United States, I made sure to bring with me five items I cherished the most: my Lenormand deck, my polar bear, my only Barbie (wearing an off-white lace wedding dress), my diary, and my makeup case." I was very grateful that the author shared such an emotional past. I thought: "Yes, this is the person I would like to learn my card reading from!.

The book consists of 4 parts: Introduction, "Beginning with Lenormand", "A Closer Look at the Thirty-Six Cards", "Reading Techniques and Spreads" + several useful appendixes and glossary.

In addition to all the basic information on individual cards, there was a personal story attached with each card. The story was from the author's personal journal and they were real readings with real outcomes, all predicting the future, warning, clarifying and guiding. For me, example is the best way to learn. Reading those stories, I immediately got it. I understood how Lenormand worked, I felt I knew how to do it now.

After reading cards for a while I started getting dreams fulfill, thoughts "come true" images "manifesting", my every daily draw seems to "click" lately. This is all thanks to Rana George and her book. Her personal experiences and daily draw shares, has made me believe in cards (I didn't believe 100% or I'd better say: "Something lacked"). Also, her advice on focusing one's mind on the question as much as possible helped me to get accurate answers! Also, I never knew I was "allowed" to pull several times on the same question but I started doing that and I get the same answer 3-4 times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of information for a beginner but still falls a little short, 13 May 2014
TheShopaholic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
There are few Lenormand books available in English and I had been waiting several months for this one on pre-order. I read the Tarot professionally but came across Lenormand last year and fell in love with it.

This book is undoubtedly packed full of useful information on every card. Every card is given several pages with meanings for circumstances and questions around love, health, future, money or even timing and for that it is one of the best books I have come across on Lenormand but the one area that every beginner struggles with is 'combinations' and there is very little of this book that helps with combinations. Yes she gives one or two examples and there is a very small (only a few pages) section towards the back before the spreads etc, that touches upon combinations, how they work and how to do them, how to practice them for yourself etc but personally I do feel it is not enough. So for that part of a reading (which is the basis of the Lenormand System) there is no quick and easy reference inside this book. It is not about being spoonfed but it seems crazy to spend so much time and effort explaining each and every card but give little real help on some standardised combinations to help you until you learn your own way of combining. For that I had to remove 1 star.

Unlike Tarot, lenormand is traditionally NOT about using your intuition and seeing what you pick up from the cards etc but it IS about standard meanings and combining those meanings in a pretty simple and straight forward way but there is so much to learn when you are trying to learn Lenormand. If you follow any lenormand forums you will find card combining is where most people struggle and I think a little help should have been given with this book.

Other than that, it is highly informative, well written and one of the best books on card meanings that I have come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent book, 1 Jun 2014
In my opinion, the book is well written and the plus are the personal stories about each card.
They make the memorizing process and understanding much easier.
The overall information is very good.
This is a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on Lenormand I ever read!, 15 April 2014
Finally a book that really explains how to use the Lenormand, in great detail and with lots of examples! All my other books by so called renowned writers can go out the window, lol. Most only give explanations per card and some spreads, they only confused me and made me put my deck away, time and again. Rana explains numerous spreads, including the grand tableau. Finally someone that takes you through "how to read a GT" step-by-step!
I'm so happy, I feel confident again that I will indeed get the hang of Lenormand (finally!). I've been busy with it for years, asking advice on fora, buying & reading books, none of which gave me the info this book has given me (esp. a thorough explanation on the GT!). I felt so discouraged, thinking it wasn't for me after all, but the cards kept calling, so I kept trying, getting more and more confused.
If you want to start with Lenormand, this is your 'Bible'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 April 2014
This is a fantastic book and has become my go to reference on the Lenormand oracle. The wealth of experience in using the cards that Rana demonstrates throughout the book is a boon for any Lenormand student, with plenty of real-life examples relevant to 21st century life. It also works great as a Kindle book due to the excellent table of contents that allows you to jump straight to the card or section needed.

Thank you Rana for bringing this much needed book to the market. It's worth at least twice it's current price. Love it, love it, love it!

A very happy customer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Written, 25 Mar 2014
This book is with out doubt one of the best books i have read on the lenormand cards..its a must have.

The Essential Lenormand: Your Guide to Precise & Practical Fortunetelling