5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource
I found this book to be extremely interesting. There were many symbols in the Rider Waite deck that I was clueless about and the explanations really helped.
I also found it interesting to read about how many cards contained specific symbols. When I did a reading recently a specific symbol popped up in 90% of the cards. Very helpful
Published 12 months ago by S_Decodts

3.0 out of 5 stars Mysterious Tarot
There seem to be so many different interpretations of Tarot. I thought I would enjoy this, There is a lot of detail to assimilate to get you thinking. but I didn't seem to be on quite the same wavelength.
Published 11 months ago by Lesley O'Rourke

3.0 out of 5 stars Mysterious Tarot, 28 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 21 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars "A level" tarot, 30 May 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot (Paperback)
This is a fantastic book, if you're interested in the symbology of the Tarot Cards. Advanced book for people who like to think.

3.0 out of 5 stars For those who like abstract concepts, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot (Paperback)
The authors (Fiebig and Burger) have some interesting thoughts on the symbolism within the Rider Waite cards. I feel this would be more of interest to readers who have a good grasp of the basic meanings already and are looking to study the symbolism in greater depth. Raises some interesting ideas to reflect on. It is very specific to the Rider Waite illustrations so will be of limited use if you have other decks.

5.0 out of 5 stars From the Novice to the Advanced Tarot Reader, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot (Paperback)
I think this book is great. I teach tarot and the way in which the details of the R-Waite cards are depicted within this book is excellent for helping those just starting out to interact with the cards and to bring the mamouth task of learning the 78 cards down to useful chunks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rider Waite Tarot, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot (Paperback)
This is by far the best Tarot deck I've come across and I've tried three or four others. I'm happy

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor attempt at making money from a book, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot (Paperback)
I ordered this book hoping to get some greater insights into the Rider-Waite deck but I was disappointed to say the least. It's written with no real belief in itself other than to just pump out another pulp edition on the Tarot. It points out the different ascpects within the scenes of each card then tries to give them a meaning of the absurd variety. I have no idea who the target audience is meant to be, this book is so lame and weak that it is mis-selling by calling it a 'Guide' it is a folly and if you were looking to buy this book I suggest going into Foyles, Waterstones, or your library and having a free look first. It is beyond words how awful and childish this book is. You can find better free ebooks on the interent than this waste of paper. It treats the reader as an imbecile and makes-it-up as it goes along. I can not word how rubbish this is and is just an attempt to scam you/me from our hard-earned money.
As an aside, I have been reading Tarot cards for over 15 years and read many books on the subject. This book ranks as the most awful on the subject. Save your money and time by avoiding this book. It is for the fairies.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost in translation?, 27 May 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot (Paperback)
I really wanted to love this book but was really dissapointed! When I saw the page layouts which break each Tarot card down into all the symbols with closeup pictures I was so excited. The Rider Waite Smith deck contains many layers of symbols, even the sky tells a story. I understand that symbols have many meanings but I really didnt get what the authors were on about most of the time. They would read to much into the colour of something or some tiny detail but then ignore the really obvious message of the card. I do think some of this could have been lost in translation as even some sentences made no sense. Even so they seem to have a very obscure interpretation of the cards and symbols. They seemed to go out of their way to find negative meanings to very positive cards like The Sun or 10 of Cups. Sometimes they seemed to misidentify obvious symbols such as the winged cherubs as 'elves' or the dragons head on a court card as 'a stone'... I could go on. It did help me spot some interesting details I had not seen before but thats about all im afraid. If your going to purchase this book please use other sources for the meanings of the cards and symbols to compare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiffing!, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot (Paperback)
Thanks for posting me 'The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot'. I'm giving you five out of five. Great Show!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tarot book I've bought, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot (Paperback)
If you plan on buying just ONE tarot book, then this must be your choice without a single doubt. It's good both for beginners and professionals and as a teacher on Tarot I cannot thank enough the simplicity and awesome content in this book.

The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot
The Ultimate Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot by Evelin Burger (Paperback - 17 Jun 2013)