5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best tarrot card decks there is., 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Favole Tarot (Cards)
Cards are easy to hold in hand as they are perfect sized and pictures are very girly. Cards are glanced and not to thick or thin.

5.0 out of 5 stars A (oooooooh) wicked pack of cards, 8 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Favole Tarot (Cards)
Today is the Full Moon in Virgo and Favole Tarot in my mailbox - is that synchronicity or what ? Balance I am told. The silver bosom of the new moon in virgin of the cornfield Virgo gets pitted with dark menses goth at Carnevale di Venezia via Vampire Garden. Oh, if only I had known. You should have told me about Victoria Frances and what she was like and the depraved other life she lived. Me a poor boy from Marseilles brought up on Rider Waite is now flung into the temptress embrace of fangs, black eye-shadow and staying out late at night.

So pour me a goblet of dark red Châteauneuf-du-Pape, a plate of ripe figs, albino white feta for my fangs, and I will trick you at Tarocchini and take your gold. I will not take off my mask - you know me. Let us begin. The Fool up to his piss pants in the canal. How do you expect me to go on if this is the calibre of the cards. "Continue, continue, senore", pleads the host. You get to Strength and a fine frisson you will get and a tingle up and down your spine and you will spill your wine like blood over your nice neat ruff. Ouch. I have pricked my wicked on something finger. Beware the lure of death for Ophiela-like it will drown you and there is no consulation in the day for the Sun is faint and far away. Come, come back to night and the intoxication of the Gothic. You see the cards attract you for their depravity. You could learn from this courtesan teen witch who keeps a blade between her breasts in case the wolf comes calling. Come back and dance the Masque.

Another RW look-a-like this deck is not. And how you could use it for divinatory reading is beyond even me. With suits of Crosses or Crucifi with the Christ torn off, Roses or (are they film noir) Black Dahlias, Masks appropriate for the Ball and the married partner you will meet and bed, and (my favourite of all) Mariposas which could be translated as moths but I liken it to Carlos Castaneda's butterfly, how are you to sort correspondences out ?! The LWB (Little White Book) that comes with the pack is damn useless and should have been replaced with a packet of papers to roll a spliff to enhance the ambience.

It is not a deck to deal out to your Mama or her mother. Lover (bite me) is another matter. Full moon howling, a little supper (like described above), play around, read your lines, and, hey, shall we play brag with this wicked pack of card just for kisses.
And they were never seen again (not in daylight, anyway). !

If you don't know Victoria Frances - look up her other works before buying these cards. Not for fluff bunnies.

Favole Tarot
Favole Tarot by Victoria Frances (Cards - 8 Jan. 2012)