5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 17 Dec 2013
Steve Craftman (Neath) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Cards)
A slightly wilder, more fairy/elf-oriented version of the Rider-Waith-Smith deck. The cards are beautifully illustrated, though it's sometimes difficult to discern the numbers on the minor arcana (I have an obsession whereby, for example, eight cups must be visible on the Eight of Cups).

Although some of the major arcana have been given new titles, those titles work for me. For example, The Chariot becomes The Faery Stallion, The Devil becomes Shadowdance, and The Tower becomes The Blasted Beech,

The artwork is beautiful, full of the little lines and subtle colour changes so often missed by many Tarot artists.

I think the strongest recommendation I can give this deck is that I looked through the deck once and ordered a second for my best mate, because I knew that if I ever let her see the deck I'd never wrest it from her hands! When it arrived at her house she phoned to say that she'd found her new "working" deck...

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and poweful new Tarot deck, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Cards)
I was looking forward to the arrival of this new Tarot deck, having had it on pre-order for months and it does not disappoint.
Julia Jeffrey's artwork, in particular her use of colour, evokes memories of forest walks with my late father when I was a child and when the realm of Faerie was just a heartbeat away. The drawings are skilfully executed and it is easy to see that real people were used as the models for the cards. It is also worth noting that each of the cards is illustrated as it is a pictorial deck rather than a 'pip' deck where the Minor Arcana contain only symbols.
Tarot readers I'm sure would agree that some decks are more powerful than others and this one feels very powerful indeed to the touch. In addition the accompanying book, by Barbara Moore, is written with knowledge and insight and is well worth the read.
This is genuinely one of the most impressive Tarot decks I have ever come across and I've been reading Tarot for the past 40 years. I have seen many, many decks and must own at least two dozen. This one really does rank up there with the best there is in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad!, 14 Dec 2013
D. L. Carroll (Merseyside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Cards)
I like the pictures and so ordered these as I like to get a new pack every so often. I would have like them to be a more in line with the traditional but with the same illustrator as I found some of them don't convey their meaning enough and could really mean something else. I understand that you can just interpret the cards your own way anyway so maybe if you like doing reading that way then these may be ideal.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Book and Deck by Barbara Moore, 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Cards)
This is a beautifully illustrated deck with pictures covering the whole of the card, and no borders. Easy to use, and could become a lovely first deck for beginners, or an addition to any collector's repertoire! I shall look forward to being around this deck for many years and readings to come. The accompanying book written by Barbara Moore, who I had the pleasure in meeting once at a Tarot Conference in Birmingham, is a joy to read, and the Majors and Minor sections all have a picture (though not in colour) of the appropriate card. This is a well-written and good-sized book, and a pleasure to read. All in all, I would heartily recommend this deck and book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A new favourite, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Cards)
Loved these, connected with the energy of the cads straight away I fell like Loved these, connected with the energy of the cads straight away I feel like I've had them before. When I was thinking about getting them I loved the art but wasn't sure, as they don't appear to have much symbolism but the art won me over. Going through the cards for the first time they have a lot of energy the cards convey this through motion implied and with very little and simple symbolism. Would be good for a beginner, also comes with a proper book on the cards with a few suggested spreads and ideas for working with the cards. There a few cards that have that have been changed this doesn't bother me like the changes in this deck. There aren't many changes the chariot to the fairy stallion is one, the meaning is more directly represented as in action to me. Unless you want strict adherence to rider Waite system I'd recommend these to anyone who enjoys the art work. On looking through the cards a lot of energy the cards convey comes through motion implied simple symbolism. Would be good for a beginner, also comes with a proper book on the cards with a few suggested spreads and ideas for working with the cards. There a few cards that have that have been changed this doesn't me like the changes there aren't many the chariot to the fairy stallion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Cards)
I haven't picked up a deck of tarot cards in almost ten years, I previously read from the enchanted tarot, which I adored. However I wanted to start over with something different and felt very drawn to this deck.
There is no denying the illustrations are beautiful, each card is like a portrait. Whilst I am madly in love with the artwork I knew as soon as I looked at each card that they were not going to be easy to read.
There is a lack of the symbolism that is prevalent in some more traditional decks, my rusty cogs need these visual clues and I am really struggling to interpret the illustrations.
The book offers interpretations but they focus on the being in the portrait, describing him/her as an individual and it's traits, it isn't always easy to translate this into something other than a personality.
For sure this is a beautiful deck and I don't doubt those that are very experienced in reading the tarot will love it, but if you're new to tarot or like me have had a long break and need those familiar symbols with which to refresh your mind then this deck will likely be a struggle.
I am going to purchase another deck to start my tarot journey again but will keep these beautiful cards until I am a bit more proficient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stunning pictures that draw you in., 20 May 2014
This review is from: Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Cards)
AAAA++++++++++++++++++++++ Stunning pictures that draw you in. I would definitely recommend these cards to people.
They are the best so far .

5.0 out of 5 stars Just about the most lovely oracle set I have ever laid hands on!, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Cards)
Just the right weight and grade of card for this beautiful set - and what phenomenal artwork! Definitely works an absolute treat for anyone with earthy, plant based leanings, wanting a good tarot set to gain a bit more familiarity with the hidden realms of nature.

I really can't rate this set highly enough, and would strongly recommend it to anyone who loves nature, faery and the old religions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Cards)
This is a lovely tarot set; the artwork is subtle and thoughtful. There are some beautiful images here. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I bought them!, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Cards)
I have nothing bad to say about this deck. The images are beautiful and the cards have a great energy about them.

Tarot of the Hidden Realm
Tarot of the Hidden Realm by Barbara Moore (Cards - 15 Oct 2013)