Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Cards|Change

on 14 July 2012
You know when you get a buzz before you open the box?..Well the box itself was a surprise, I didn't expect them to be in one for a start as I had got them from the market place. The book was also a surprise, not a small skimpy thing..but a full sized detailed pictured one. I have given them 5 stars because I felt mean doing anything else but..and yes there is one...the cards themselves although beautiful are SOOO flimsy and have no protective covering and even just looking through them left fingerprints. I thought I'd found my new fave deck..but wouldn't like to guess what would happen if used regularly. Come on printers..redo in a better quality card and they would be perfect.
on 3 December 2012
I could find this a really usable tarot pack. The pictures are great, and I found reading them very natural. Unfortunately, given the flimsy nature of the cards, I'm scared to use them. One good shuffle and I very much fear the whole pack will be ruined.

The accompanying book is very good.

All in all, not really worth the price. Yes, the cards look great; yes, they would work very well. Yes, the book is clear and informative. But the cards themselves aren't strong enough to use. I dread to think how easily they will be damaged.

Very disappointing.
on 14 February 2013
I bought this more for the steampunk than the tarot. I shuffle it looking for inspiration in my writing. Nevertheless, I know a little of the tarot from way back and I'd say that both the cards and the book that explains them are excellent for readings, for those that like that sort of thing. I like the cards so much that I wish they were a bit larger and more substantial. They are however a good size for handing.
on 29 October 2015
Brilliant art! Spoiled by bad printing unfortunately. Probably a stylistic choice but the brightness and the saturation are reduced. You lose a lot of the charm of the illustrations. Shame, could have been brilliant!
on 12 June 2012
This has to be my new favourite deck. It is beautifully illustrated and although the cards are very similar to the Rider-Waite deck, the slight differences do the deck justice. The accompanying manual is extremely well written. A very satisfied customer.
on 3 October 2015
Great set of cards. Easy to read, great images. Has a theme of Sherlock Holmes mixed with a light Gothic touch. I love the deck. Very nice size, easy to shuffle. Not sure how much wear and tear they can take. I recommend buying a bag as the set does not come with a small box to put them in. Comes with a good book too.
on 28 April 2016
The card designs are really good but disappointed with the book as pages 77 to 82 are missing. This is not a problem for me but for anyone starting tarot for the first time the book is more or less useless with 2 cards information missing.
review image
VINE VOICEon 21 March 2013
These cards when I received them were not quite as attractive as I'd expected they might be from the few samples online that I'd seen, but they're certainly very different from any other deck I possess - and that's not necessarily a negative point!

This is an interesting deck - not least because of the artwork, but also there is included a very thick and substantial book that goes into great depth about the deck and also the relevant card meanings. I think the interpretations of the cards (according to the book) you will find very different from those of traditional tarot indeed! Again; that's not necessarily a bad thing, but when I did myself a reading using the Celtic cross spread, I used the book supplied for the immediate interpretations first - then I referred to a traditional tarot book, and of course there was quite a marked difference, though some similarities were retained.

I'm giving this deck a high rating of four stars, as though I was a little disappointed with the imagery, they do deserve a good rate for the book alone which is far more substantial and in-depth than you generally get with your average tarot deck.
on 4 March 2015
I love these cards, They fit my personality perfectly. The Book is great, very helpful. This is a very nice set. The quality of the graphics on each card is amazing. The only down side is that I'm afraid the card will not wear too well, Everytime I shuffle them I have to be extra careful to not to damage them. Other than that they're great
on 2 August 2013
I bought this set as my very first deck, because I'm very fond of steampunk and the thought of Tarot cards based on it was a must-have. The quality of the cards could be better, but it's what we can expect from most mass produced decks. The images on the cards themselves are amazing and in the book Barbara Moore explains why we see what we see in each card - this makes the book a worth while read even if you are an experienced Tarot reader. For a beginner the book is a really good place to start leaning about Tarot, Babara writes very well and her enthusiasm just bleeds through. She doesn't talk down to you, encourages you to find your own truth and merely offers her own beliefs and practices as an example.