5.0 out of 5 stars EXCITED
Published 24 months ago by beabright

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book; great pictures; but very poor quality cards
I could find this a really usable tarot pack. The pictures are great, and I found reading them very natural. Unfortunately, given the flimsy nature of the cards, I'm scared to use them. One good shuffle and I very much fear the whole pack will be ruined.

The accompanying book is very good.

All in all, not really worth the price. Yes, the cards...
Published 19 months ago by Raven Stone

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCITED, 14 July 2012
This review is from: The Steampunk Tarot (Cards)
You know when you get a buzz before you open the box?..Well the box itself was a surprise, I didn't expect them to be in one for a start as I had got them from the market place. The book was also a surprise, not a small skimpy thing..but a full sized detailed pictured one. I have given them 5 stars because I felt mean doing anything else but..and yes there is one...the cards themselves although beautiful are SOOO flimsy and have no protective covering and even just looking through them left fingerprints. I thought I'd found my new fave deck..but wouldn't like to guess what would happen if used regularly. Come on printers..redo in a better quality card and they would be perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice deck and book, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Steampunk Tarot (Cards)
I bought this set as my very first deck, because I'm very fond of steampunk and the thought of Tarot cards based on it was a must-have. The quality of the cards could be better, but it's what we can expect from most mass produced decks. The images on the cards themselves are amazing and in the book Barbara Moore explains why we see what we see in each card - this makes the book a worth while read even if you are an experienced Tarot reader. For a beginner the book is a really good place to start leaning about Tarot, Babara writes very well and her enthusiasm just bleeds through. She doesn't talk down to you, encourages you to find your own truth and merely offers her own beliefs and practices as an example.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I hoped, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Steampunk Tarot (Cards)
I bought this more for the steampunk than the tarot. I shuffle it looking for inspiration in my writing. Nevertheless, I know a little of the tarot from way back and I'd say that both the cards and the book that explains them are excellent for readings, for those that like that sort of thing. I like the cards so much that I wish they were a bit larger and more substantial. They are however a good size for handing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book; great pictures; but very poor quality cards, 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Steampunk Tarot (Cards)

The accompanying book is very good.

All in all, not really worth the price. Yes, the cards look great; yes, they would work very well. Yes, the book is clear and informative. But the cards themselves aren't strong enough to use. I dread to think how easily they will be damaged.

Very disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome deck, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Steampunk Tarot (Cards)
A really beautiful deck following classic r.white symbolism.
A book is included,
but the only reason it is not getting 5 stars is that there is no box or bag for the cards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tarot for lesbians, 1 Aug 2012
Mr Wiltshire "jediwilt" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Steampunk Tarot (Cards)
I have been using these cards for readings for a few weeks now, I was doing a reading for someone who half way through the reading said there are a lot of ladies in this deck.
Upon closer inspection mast of the figures who look male could almost certainly be ladies.
I thought it was great that there was a deck that lesbians could relate to, there are several gay decks like the Brotherhood tarot, Gay tarot and Cosmic tribe tarot but they seem to have a very male focus, so to have a deck that is very female is cool.
The imagery is great, I like the dark tones of the cards, much like the Anna K deck, but I find this makes the splashes of light and colour stand out to give more meaning in readings.
Not really looked at the book as I tend to be very intuitive in my readings, but from a flick through it looked thorough.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite..., 12 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Steampunk Tarot (Cards)
This has to be my new favourite deck. It is beautifully illustrated and although the cards are very similar to the Rider-Waite deck, the slight differences do the deck justice. The accompanying manual is extremely well written. A very satisfied customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love ,love,love these cards and book, 12 April 2014
kezza smith (chesterfield, derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Steampunk Tarot (Cards)
This set is amazing . The cards are based on the classic known tarot but I find them easier to read because of the movement in the pictures x I would recommend these to anybody . Take a look at the images they are stunning . The book is a fantastic read and really breaks down the cards and give tips about correspondences . A really good read the book is amazing x well written down to earth language . I would say that this set would make a good first deck as well as a added deck to tarot enthusiast x I really connect with these cards they are beautiful x The cards are easy to shuffle and handle . I'm glad I bought them x

5.0 out of 5 stars Steampunk, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Steampunk Tarot (Cards)
Loved it. It was well drawn and the book was detailed and easy to read. Easy to read read and use

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Deck, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Steampunk Tarot (Cards)
I'm collecting Tarot Cards, and this deck I've missed.
Recommended for everyone, who like Tarot, and special pictures on the deck.

The Steampunk Tarot
The Steampunk Tarot by Barbara Moore (Cards - 8 May 2012)