I have a confession to make... this is the first Lon Milo DuQuette book that I have ever read.

The first thing I will be doing after reading this book is checking out the back catalogue. DuQuette's style of writing is incredibly accessible and entertaining.

Published on 16 Mar. 2011 by Katie Gerrard

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun to read but not to be taken too seriously
It's ok. But is largely self-indulgent. Fun to read but not to be taken too seriously.
Published 2 months ago by Maybe

5.0 out of 5 stars a charming, autobiographical look at the things they tell you not to do!, 16 Mar. 2011

Although this book is dealing with 'low magick' (the stuff that you are most likely to be warned not to dabble with!) it is autobiographical, and the charm it holds is in how much of his magickal diaries he opens and shares. It really drives home that DuQuette is an experimenter - if you tell him that something can't or shouldn't be done, he is going to set about finding out WHY. This is what makes him such a trailblazer in his field. If everyone sat back and followed the 'don't do it' rules, we still wouldn't be eating tomatoes!

My personal highlight was the invoking of all the spirits of a Tarot deck into the cards in a weekend. It reminded me of some of my early spiritual 'experiments' and I am sure far more people than would care to admit it have undertaken just as crazy things!

5.0 out of 5 stars very enjoyable - treat its levity with repect!, 26 May 2012
This review is from: Low Magick: It's All in Your Head ...You Just Have No Idea How Big Your Head is (Paperback)
This book was bought on a whim when appeared on a list of amazon recommendations. I haven't regretted it one bit! It brought back good and bad memories, cringeworthy recognitions and several insights. I've learned a lot but not in preachy way - you rock - I'm so glad I didn't put it down when page one invited me to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lon Milo, 5 Sept. 2013
Only second book of his I have read but have found both very entertaining and informative - a great read .

5.0 out of 5 stars thoroughly enjoyed, 2 Jan. 2014
This book and this author has become my top 10 favourite of all time. I found his writing to be lucid generous humorous and informative. If you want to know the principles behind a modern magicians practices as well as his world view this book will be very helpful in guiding the seeker through the maze that is the spiritual path. Thank you Lon duquette for generously sharing your knowledge, for your straightforward honesty, for throwing light into what is otherwise a complicated path. You've made my year.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... my first encounter with Mr DuQuette and I was amazed by how down to earth and understandable his writing ..., 12 July 2014
This was my first encounter with Mr DuQuette and I was amazed by how down to earth and understandable his writing is. I have moved on to purchase other by him and after a little research it appears that he is exactly the writer I have been looking for when it comes to the topic of Magick.

The book is more or less a collection of anecdotes that detail some of the more memorable experiences that DuQuette has had in his magickal career, but they are not dry or dusty tales, nor do they come across as the stories of a man who wants to inflate his own ego. They are simple, more often than not quite funny and if you are willing to put in a little work for yourself, they are quite instructive as to how to get started in Magick yourself.

I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone. i think that the way he writes would appeal even to those with only a passing knowledge of what Magick actually is. A must read.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am not disappointed. It is an informative Humorous 'down to earth' ..., 18 April 2015
I bought this book on the basis of previous reviews. I am not disappointed. It is an informative Humorous 'down to earth' personal approach to Magic.I am glad to add this to my collection. It has made me laugh out loud at some passages. Good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything is possible., 30 July 2014
Duquette's writing style is entertaining and informative. It demystifies magick and brings it into the realm of everyday possibilities. It also shows you that practice makes perfect. Thanks Lon Milo.

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE., 12 April 2014
I REALLY LIKED IT.HE CONVINCED ME THAT MY HEAD IS AS BIG AS THE UNIVERSE
THAT I LIVE IN.HOPE THE WHOLE OF HUMANITY SEES IT THAT WAY ONE DAY TOO.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Probems, 26 April 2014
I. Longhurst "DTD" (UK) - See all my reviews
Adds to the concept very worth reading remember with a different approach - also a brillant thoughtful author & very readable

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun to read but not to be taken too seriously, 21 Feb. 2015