4.0 out of 5 stars A book I enjoyed
Published on 9 Dec. 2012 by Avatar

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely idea of a book.....
Published on 7 Mar. 2010 by Alan Mcknight

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely idea of a book....., 7 Mar. 2010
Alan Mcknight (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cunningham's Book of Shadows: The Path of an American Traditionalist (Hardcover)
When I first saw this in my bookshop late last year, I couldn't express my excitement enough! Scott has been my favourite pagan author since day one manys a year ago. His encyclopaedia of herbs and recipe books has been a great source of inspiration for many a ritual, spell and ceremony, as I'm sure many people reading this will have the same view of these amazing books.

Having said that, I can't help but feel when I was reading this that it was just a basic rehash of his many other brilliant works; Magical Aromatherapy, Wicca Solitary, Gems and Crystals, Magical Herbalism, Earth Power etc. Its been 17 years since Scott has passed on, so it must be very hard to find new material for books. I have a hard time remembering any ground breaking new material in this book. There was a charming section of medical herbal information and some of Scott's own hand drawn symbols. But again nothing that hasn't been covered in Wicca, for example.

I have nothing really postive to say about this, which annoys me, if I'm honest. While it is a very charming 'intro' book as many of Scott's book are, and a great present for newer witches or civilians (so to speak). But if you are like me and have most of Scott Cunninghams other books then you will find little in the way of valuable book space. Sorry to say.

Save your money for his Encyclopaedias, Wicca or Magical Household books if you don't already have these.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book I enjoyed, 9 Dec. 2012
I enjoyed this book because, as an avid fan of Cunningham's writings, this book was like a time capsule. It showed how his ideas developed over the years. It would be a huge mistake to start editing his early writings to make them conform with current views regarding Wicca. I am glad that Llewellyn had the sense not to do that. This book is a wonderful tribute to a great writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast delivery packed with care, 14 Jun. 2013
Beautiful condition perfect just as you said it would be great to be able to get the books I like thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Sept. 2014
Really enjoyed this book,

Cunningham's Book of Shadows: The Path of an American Traditionalist
Cunningham's Book of Shadows: The Path of an American Traditionalist by Scott Cunningham (Hardcover - 1 Oct. 2009)