4.0 out of 5 stars A Surreal Deck, With Unique Insights
"The sweet sadness of innocence: An enchanted world that reawakens at twilight and dies with it. Gathering within all souls in love."

Published on 12 Jan 2010 by Hannah

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cuppa tea
This deck is not what i thought it would be which highlights the problem of buying on the strength of a few cards.
Just my opinion but it gives me the impression that it was created by a hippy from the sixties whilst high on drugs.
A little childish and girlish and not very traditional,which in itself is not a bad thing,just that if you are a
beginner...
Published on 3 Aug 2012 by Amber

4.0 out of 5 stars A Surreal Deck, With Unique Insights, 12 Jan 2010
This review is from: Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (Cards)

The art is surreal, imaginative and beatifully drawn. It is indeed sweet and yet sad. The meaning of each picture might not be obvious and you may need to look in the LWB where you will find some nice, touching and unique insights. The meaning of the picture will then become clear.

It's based on the Rider-Waite deck, although the imagery is completely different for the most part and might be better suited for those who are familiar with the Rider-Waite. This deck would be great for readers who are looking to expand their perception of the cards. An enjoyable deck with a difference.

The cards are standard-sized with a glossy finish and come in their own box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice in Wonderland, 4 Feb 2011
This review is from: Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (Cards)
I have been reading Tarot for many years and as iv just retired a deck i was on the lookout for some new ones and found these. My husband bought these for me and i fell in love with them straight away. The artwork is very much in the style of the new Alice in Wonderland starring Johnny Depp and there is lots of hidden detail so you will always find something new in the picture. For me, these cards are gentle yet firm in readings which makes them ideal working cards. These are also good quality so will last the distance. Recommend to readers of all levels of experience

5.0 out of 5 stars A jewel of a deck, great for intuitive readings, 4 Oct 2014
This review is from: Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (Cards)
The Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (Lo Scarabeo, 2009) is a delightful, quirky deck. It has a lot of reds and greens in it's palette, somewhat dulled, and yet vibrant. The colours add to the surreal feel of the cards. Although most cards can be read fairly traditionally, there is also a lot of detail and variety for more intuitive readings.

For instance, in this Wheel card, there is the traditional wheel, even labelled Wheel of Fortune. And there are designs drawn on it, like on the wheels spun on game-shows. Yet, there is also that tree, which seems to hold the wheel, and a little girl with bunny ears playing on the tree. To me, this suggests that life is a crazy roundabout, but it's better to approach it with child-like innocence, no matter what the universe throws at us :)

The Queen of Cups has her traditional cup with a lid - very RWS. And yet, once again, there is so much more to the card. There are the flowers which are also constellations and the moon. There is the mirror that reflects the back of her head and her crown: emotions reflecting our thoughts? And there is the strange thing in her mouth. Looking at it more closely, for the first time, I think it is a necklace of small shells. Perhaps she is fiddling with it, chewing on it as she tries to get a handle on her feelings. Or perhaps she is "tasting" the emotions. Or maybe it could, in a given context, suggest emotional eating. A wealth of interesting possibilities.

Looking at the Ace of Cups, it adds a rather grim element to a normally joyful card, with a skull on the chalice. On the other hand, we could take this as an existential reminder of the brevity of life, and a call to not just dip our toes into the emotions of life, daydreaming about what could be.

The Eight of Pentacles has a school-girl element to her, and an incomplete pentacle on her cheek, suggesting the normal apprentice ideas. Then again, she is lazing around, with a monkey behind her. Focus on the practical, rather than letting the monkey mind distract you? Get back to work, or the monkey will get you? The pentacles are scattered all about: look at what is available to you, then work to achieve it?

I love this deck, with its unusual colouring and zany characters. I feel it allows for quick and easy readings, but invites you in to play and explore, uncovering out-of-the-box interpretations. Altogether, it's a jewel!

5.0 out of 5 stars A hauntingly beautiful deck, 2 Feb 2010
Scheherazade (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (Cards)
This has got to be one of the most unique and interesting decks of recent times. Beautiful, surreal imagery runs across all of the cards (including the minor acarna), providing many useful reading insights. The deck has a bittersweet, melancholy tone, which is perfectly summed up by it's 'Sweet Twilight' name. All in all, it's everything it claims to be, and possibly more to those of a complementary nature. Perfect for those with a slightly dark outlook, particularly on love; this is a deck which will speak to you like few others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, enchanting - the wonderland equivalent of tarot!, 13 Sep 2011
This review is from: Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (Cards)
I'm fairly new to tarot that is I've owned a deck for about five years and only recently got it out to have an in-depth look at the cards. This is my second deck as I really wanted a semi-dark, more atmospheric, deck which held a deeper understanding to the cards - I was not to be disappointed!
The cards are beautiful, what can I say? The artwork is both enchanting and mysterious with its dark, surreal twist and the quality shows real time and effort put into the drawings. The card quality is a little flimsy then what I'm used to, but still useable.
As for the meaning of the images I found them difficult to interpret at first, though I put that down to my lack of experience. But once I began understanding, the inner depth of these cards just stood out. While the images are not entirely traditional, with those familiar with the rider deck, they offer a different interpretation to tarot.
The one thing this deck lacks is a decent booklet. I'm aware that tarot is mostly about self interoperation, but as a beginner, I would have liked a bit more guidance until I could understand for myself what the cards meant. The booklet doesn't offer much with different tarot layouts and overall it could have done with just that bit more. But as a separate deck it's a perfect addition to any collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars HAUNTINGLY BEAUTIFUL & UNIQUE!, 28 Sep 2012
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (Cards)
This is truly a very beautiful, surreal and enchanting Tarot Deck!

I was drawn to this Deck by the fact it is based on the theme between day and night - that period of between called `twilight'. I love all things `night' and love how things look by night, in the dark or by moonlight. It's truly surreal, and one with these leanings could not help but be drawn into such a beautiful Set of Cards...

I have a string of favourite Cards from this Deck, some of which are; 8 of Cups/Chalices, 3 of Pentacles,
7 of Swords, Queen of Swords, 10 of Pentacles, 4 of Wands and `Death' - yes Death! The Death Card in this Deck for me is unlike that in any other Tarot Decks, and I find this one hauntingly beautiful... I also love the Card Meaning as listed in the Booklet - which is:

`Death, as tender as a lover, carries your poor soul across the desert, step by lonely step, to lay you down gently, so you can absorb and understand the truth of this life'.

I read somewhere (either in an Amazon Review or in a Comment on YouTube) that someone else felt this nothing but a pleasant and positive Tarot Deck for them, yet one could be forgiven perhaps for feeling that something associated with the night `and' Tarot combined as something perhaps a little `dark' - but no such feeling here for me either!

My only gripe with this Deck would be the Cards are not the quality of many others... The Cards are VERY thin, have no glossy plastic coating, and so I should imagine could not stand up to prolonged usage... Great perhaps for Collectors, and for using on one's own - but for anything more, and I think you need something a bit more durable. However; due to their surreal beauty and uniqueness, I cannot bring myself to award this gorgeous Deck anything less than Five Stars!

Chalices for `Cups' is a nice touch, and I also love the fact that the Booklet leans more to your own interpretation of the Cards rather than to theirs - which is really how it should be, but I have to confess that I find these Cards work best for me when I stick to using the `The Spread Of The Sweet Twilight' described at the beginning of the little Booklet simply called: `Your Guiding Star' - a very informative Spread.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cuppa tea, 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (Cards)
beginner you would be better sticking to the meanings in the little white book that comes with it rather than the
traditional meanings.
This is just my view so do not be put off by it.We all like different things after all.And it is nice to have a few
different decks.Just do not let this be your only one.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST tarot deck I've ever had!, 22 Jan 2011
This review is from: Tarot of the Sweet Twilight (Cards)
This deck is absolutely amazing! The imagery is just beautiful and it really speaks to me. The name of the deck is totally justified: it has a bittersweet note in every card. The best thing about this deck is that it is easily interpreted just by looking at the cards; something that most people new to tarot are unable to do. Well this deck carries such a power in the imagery that images just start popping in your head and you just know what the card means in your reading. It also comes with a small booklet providing help for the interpetation of the cards, but it's not the standard meanings everyone is used to,it's more in the form of small phrases that make you think even deeper. I trully believe that this is one of the best decks to have, either your goal is to read accurately or for your tarot collection.

Tarot of the Sweet Twilight
Tarot of the Sweet Twilight by Lo Scarabeo (Cards - July 2009)