5.0 out of 5 stars Almighty Insight and Artwork Ruined By Poor Card Quality.
Published on 11 Sep 2009 by Hannah

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Artwork, terrible card stock
I love the artwork of these cards, even more exciting and vibrant as the Gilded Tarot by the same artist. But the quality of the card stock is terrible. Very disappointed with the quality.
Published on 15 Sep 2009 by E. Stubbs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Almighty Insight and Artwork Ruined By Poor Card Quality., 11 Sep 2009
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
This amazing rectified deck is breathtaking, the imagery will light up your mind and connect to your inner being. It's as if the cards talk to you through another dimension. I am not usually a fan of digital art but the imagery is so fluid it's like seeing the format of your dreams on paper. I say paper, because the deck has been really, really let down by the paper quality. The standard sized cards are thin, practically matt and very flimsy, it's such a let down and really doesn't do the artist, or the imagery, justice. I don't think that these cards would stand passing of time but the artwork is timeless.

This deck is based on the Rider-Waite deck and portrays all the elements of the Rider-Waite but in a much more poignant and identifiable way. It's easy to understand making it suitable for a beginner and yet full enough to offer the professional reader more room for insight. It also offers the professional reader the opportunity to display a mysterious, poignant and friendly deck when reading for their clients.

The accompanying book contains detailed card descriptions by tarot experts: Ciro Marchetti (the designer), Ruth Ann and Wald Amberstone, James Ricklef and Lisa ReFalo, who all offer their individual insights and meanings for each card.

I have since also bought the special edition cards which are much bigger (14cm x 8.3cm) and thicker and would also make an excellent choice for the professional reader.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Artwork, terrible card stock, 15 Sep 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars A truly profound divination set, 9 Oct 2009
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
I first saw this deck on a tarot site and was instantly impressed.
I then went to the author's site and viewed the full deck, and was blown away by the detailed images that each came to life and told their own story and the profound connection they each provoked in me.

Although the author's first set, the gilded tarot stood out in a positive light from other decks, I was not too drawn to them, but the tarot of dreams looked good but sadly, I found to be out of print.

So when I found that the Divine tarot was due out, I was eagerly awaiting the release date, unfortuately the publishing date kept being set back in England, so I decided to order my pack from abroad, (the U.S. amazon site instead of the U.K.)
I'd read on previous reviews that the deck was flimsy which is the first thing I noticed about the cards when I received them, but I feel that if they're handled with respect and care,they should last a considerable time.

Although I was quite disappointed with the card quality, i'm delighted to say that I feel that I have more than got my money's worth as the accompanying guidebook is well-written,and I find James Ricklef's interpretations along with Ciro's to be very insightful although i'm a little confused about the story in chapter six - The Villa. I am wondering if Ciro actually experienced this, and if so, I would be interested to read more about it.

A beautiful organdy bag is also included which adds another nice touch to this set.
Although I keep my other tarot set in a silk bag, I am more than comfortable storing this set in the accompanied bag in the picturesque box it came in.

All in all, an excellent buy which I am more than pleased with!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Marchetti tarot, 4 Oct 2010
TheShopaholic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
I bought my first tarot deck many years ago, the universal tarot to be precise, and struggled to connect with them. A few years ago i stumbled upon the gilded tarot by Ciro MarchettiThe Gilded Tarot (Boxset includes 78 card Tarot deck and Bag) and almost immediately the fascinating images meant something to me. I learnt the tarot thoroughly using these and recently (having embarked upon tarot reading professionally) I decided to treat myself to the Legacy of the Divine Tarot by Marchetti. What can I say? Absolutely superb! A real delight to read with. Again, the images are deep and meaningful, beautiful to look at and easy to connect to with your intuition working to translate them for yourself.

The accompanying book is extensive but i feel for a beginner may present a struggle. Beginners tend to like 'keywords' to be associated with the cards and a thorough explanation (as in the 78 Degrees of Widsom Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom) is better as you become more proficient and comfortable with the cards. The book is presented in a story format, which in itself is a delight to read, but I personally did not use the individual card analysis as I found it unhelpful.

So all in all, perhaps not a deck for the beginner (the Gilded Tarot is a beautiful deck for beginners) but certainly one of the most beautiful decks I have seen and i have checked out a few using the aecletic website.

I do not feel that the cards are flimsy at all. Their weight and stiffness is just about right. I personally do not like thick, stiff, unyielding cards but certainly would not have called these 'flimsy'.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pictures, but poor quality, 20 April 2011
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
I enjoy pictures, intensity of colours, the deck is very intuitive and good for beginners. The enclosed book is very helpful and interesting. The only thing is that cards are printed on very thin paper so they are poor quality and it can not serve for a long time. Anyway it is worth buying and I am sure I will buy the Divine Tarot deck again, but this time I will look for better quality as it is my favorite deck.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY CARDS THAT SPEAK TO ME, 19 Feb 2011
Mrs. J. Clegg (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
I have collected many tarot and oracle cards over the years, but sold them all on as I could get nothing from the cards. I've just received my legacy cards and finally I have a set of cards that communicate with me. They have quite an astonishing effect on me in that besides the images on the cards other images also flood my mind and I actually feel excited when I handle them. I haven't really done any readings yet as I feel as if I'm still getting to know them. The artistry is absolutely amazing and I would thoroughly recommend this set

5.0 out of 5 stars Evocative, intuitive and amazing, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
These are, without a doubt, my favourite cards to use for readings. I've been a fan of Ciro Marchetti's work since I came across the Gilded Tarot in 2006 (it was only the second deck of Tarot cards I'd bought at that time). Since then he has refined, honed and developed his work through his previous set, the Tarot of Dreams, to this one the Legacy of the Divine Tarot.

The imagination of the art for these cards is truly outstanding. Created based on the traditional system, as other reviews have mentioned, I think that these cards offer so much in multi-layered meaning through imagery. For me; this was the first set that really made the conscious link of a continuous story in my interpretations. In working with these cards I used my favourite book for exercises Tarot for Your Self: A Workbook for Personal Transformation and it was amazing to me just how much, as an artist, Ciro Marchetti has not just understood and created around the Rider Waite system but blended an influence of astrology, numerology and other ideas to create this deck. Some of these themes have been much apparent in his work previously; he often includes self-references, visual cues and signature styles; such as harlequins, retro-tech depictions, astrological symbols.

Using these cards is like telling a story, every time that story is different but also a resonant continuation. Whilst I would echo another reviewer - these are advanced cards for an absolute beginner, I would say that if you have an instinctive draw towards the imagery it is worth the time working with, and learning from, them with additional guides and exercises.

On another note, a happy convergence, I happened to buy this Llewellyn version while a friend, without me knowing, sent the special edition deck as a gift. I can understand some of the unhappiness with the card stock used, but, I believe that these complaints should really be directed towards Llewellyn as the publisher rather than Mr. Marchetti as the artist. Only rarely, but mostly not at all, do artists get the chance to declare how a publisher should publish items. I feel it is somewhat unfair to imply that this is the artist's fault or responsibility. For those that prefer the option of a different card stock I would suggest searching online for a second-hand set of the special edition. Otherwise don't miss out on using these cards. They provide such a depth of meaning and nuance that I would sooner have them in whatever format is available than to be without them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin Stock, 11 July 2013
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
The pictures on the cards are wonderful. I think the accompanying book is good too. Just disappointed with the quality of the card stock. Unfortunately that really makes a difference to me as they are already showing signs of wear. Corners are whitening from abrasion and I have only had these cards a few weeks. Print them on heavier stock and you will get five stars from me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cards, not the giant ones, 19 April 2013
Alison Readhead (Slough, Berks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
I had bought these after seeing them used on YouTube. But I didn't realise these cards are the standard size ones not the really large ones I had seen, which I now know were a different version. I also found that the larger ones are not available currently anyway. The cards are beautiful. Really bold and atmospheric but I am disappointed. Somehow the cards are so rich that this size doesn't do them justice. The pack comes with a book which, although I am sure is fascinating, I did not really need. I don't think there is a cards only version though. Luckily you are checking the reviews first before buying so you will know to check the size before you buy! I didn't.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
My only comment on these beautiful cards are that the poor quality of the card itself lets it down. These will not stand the test of time being so flimsy and for this reason I will never use the professionally.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Legacy of the Divine Tarot
Legacy of the Divine Tarot by Ciro Marchetti (Cards - 1 Sep 2009)
14.96