Gosh, I am have tried almost every deck lately. I am an avid fan of Ciro Marchetti decks but have been looking for an alternative to keep my mind amused as I use the tarot for readings every day.

Published on 23 May 2011 by TheShopaholic

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cards but too flimsy.
I've never actually seen Harry Potter so i didn't purchase them for their apparent likeness to the movie. I saw the majors and loved them, especially The Chariot and High Priestess. I do love the artwork on the cards but they feel so cheap. I will probably never use them to read for anyone but i'll keep them as part of my collection.
Published 11 months ago by Mary McShane

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Majors but Minors are standard and lacking in expression, 23 May 2011
TheShopaholic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wizards Tarot (Cards)

I really liked the look of the examples shown and waited with baited breath for the release. Once opened, I was slightly disappointed in their flimsiness. Not as stout as some and may not last as I use them several hours a day.

Upon first glance, once I unwrapped them and looked at them one by one starting with the major arcana (as they were in that order) I really loved each and every one. The details were lovely and quite refined in some. The images were pleasurable and I began to feel my heart race as I thought, 'finally, I have found a new deck that I can link with' but then I reached the pip cards. I soon realised that these were simply updated imitations of the standard pips. You know 8 of swords being a blindfolded woman surrounded by swords etc and with very little embelishment. In fact, it seemed that they were an afterthought and very little effort had gone in them. So apart from their standard meanings there is little to work with with regards to intuition and minor details. It is so nice to work with cards that have intricacies in which you can find new symbolism that you have never seen before, even after using them for weeks or months. For this reason, my enthusiasm sooned waned and I put the cards back in their box.

I may give them another go another day but I don't expect that the appeal will increase any.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very appealing tarot pack which has become one of my favourites, 28 July 2013
Ms. M. Medina "Medina" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wizards Tarot (Cards)
This pack works well for me and I really like the style of artwork and the colouring used. Perhaps being a big Harry Potter fan and all things 'magic' I was always going to favour this style and the idea behind its creation. The card isn't particularly thick but substantial enough and easy to handle.
I immediately felt a connection and it is now one of my favourite packs to use from my many packs.

5.0 out of 5 stars a world of its own, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Wizards Tarot (Cards)
I bought this on the basis of the blurb on the box,and it didnt diasappoint. Its really interesting and the book has a wealth of information. The deck is stunning, and i just love the Queen of Pentacles!!! Excellent study deck.

5.0 out of 5 stars AwesomeCards, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wizards Tarot (Cards)
A Brilliant set of cards worth owning.I am really happy that i bought them The book is interesting and so are the cards Although i am still learning all the meanings of the cards i am glad to have them. I would say that this tarot card deck was and is a good buy and i would recommend them any time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and accurate deck, 11 Oct 2011
MICHELLE LOUISE (NUNEATON, WARWICKSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wizards Tarot (Cards)
This is an absolutely beautiful deck. I have used this deck to give readings to my friends and family and it is very accurate in its predictions and guidance.

It is based on a academy for witches and wizards and uses the major arcana as the teachers and the minor as different schools ie. school of cups (water), school of pentacles (earth), school of swords (air) and school of wands (fire).

A very detailed deck and the book is a pleasure to read with some information on magic, myths, astrology and crystals as well as spreads and information on the cards themselves. It also gives the key symbols on each card to help you focus when you give a reading.

I hope you will also enrol at Mandrake Academy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful cards but too flimsy., 18 Dec 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, niche Harry Potter marketing, 24 Jan 2012
Seeker "Seeker" (Thames Ditton, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wizards Tarot (Cards)
I was disappointed by this deck, should have checked it out more thoroughly.
This is one of the more popularist decks riding on the back of the Harry Potter stuff and 16 year old buying audience.

I guess ya gotta turn a buck or two somehow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Nov 2014
Ok

Wizards Tarot
Wizards Tarot by Corrine Kenner (Cards - 1 Jun 2011)