5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little cards!, 7 May 2010
This review is from: Tarot of White Cats Mini (Cards)
These little cards are gorgeous! They are somewhat small in size but I have to say that in my view that merely adds to their appeal. Sometimes with spreads one simply runs out of room, which is one of the reasons I got these. In no way does the size detract from the lovely images as they are very clearly depicted and you can tell instantly in most cases which card you are looking at. They are very close to the Rider Waite cards but use little cats as the figures - white for the most part but not exclusively. The depictions are charming - for instance in the Empress there are little kittens frisking at her feet, symbolising fecundity and growth. The colours are just perfect in my view, being bright and pretty without being garish. I find it easy to tune into the colours as they are warm and evocative. I do wish more artists would give us some vibrancy in tarot cards instead of the disappointing drabness which is all to easy to equate to misery.I would much rather have these than any of the Rider Waite's or clones just because of the colours, expressions and the attention to detail - most of which works perfectly in a mini size. It probably does help if you love cats. There are several cat decks to choose from but these have the most appeal for me as I find them very easy to read and a pleasure to look at. The backs are rather nice too, and if you do reverse readings there is no way of telling which way up the card is going to be. If this is your first pack I have just one caution. The little white book (LWB) is rubbish! There is a decent spread in it but the meanings are pretty useless. The space given is minuscule and the translation bad. However, any standard how to book that uses Rider Waite cards would be excellent to use with the deck. I don't find the cads frivolous at all as they are so well characterized and I definitely do not feel I am doing flippant readings. I haven't yet taken tarot cards out with me but I may well be tempted with this little set. Before purchase do look up this deck to view the cards. Six cards can be found at aeclectic but you can also google to find the whole set. Just so you know what kind of size they are, think cigarette cards. And you know how collectible they turned out to be!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every handbag!, 23 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Tarot of White Cats Mini (Cards)
Easy to fit into every handbag!!

Tarot of White Cats Mini
Tarot of White Cats Mini by Lo Scarabeo (Cards - Sept. 2007)