Easy Tarot: Learn to Read the Cards Once and for All!
Format: CardsChange
Price:£15.96+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 6 June 2007
If you have ever tried to get to grips with reading the Tarot cards, you will know that this is easier said than done. But I must say I was very impressed by this book.

First of all, the Gilded Tarot is one of the most beautiful decks ever made. It is also very clear and easy to read (even easier for beginners than the Rider-Waite).

There is no need to remember everything about the meaning of the cards by heart as the pictures tell you clearly what they are about!

Once you have looked at the pictures intently and read the accompanying explanation in the book, you will be surprised how much you remember the next time you pick up your deck!

If you are serious about using your cards and interested in doing reading for yourself and others, you should follow the advice in the book and start your own diary. This is a really good technique and, although a little time-consuming, it will give you the best results.

I hope you will love this deck as much as I do if you decide to buy it. In fact, I am sure you will!
on 27 October 2012
Even though the reviews were really good I honestly thought I'd find myself slightly disappointed. I always buy tarot decks thinking I'm going to have an amazing connection with them only to realise later that they provoke no real feeling at all. For this reason I had abandoned tarot in favour of oracle cards.

Recently I felt inspired to go back to tarot and this was my first purchase since then. As soon as I opened the cards and starting reading the book I actually felt excited. The author describes each card so wonderfully you can't help but retain the information.

Also, for someone who has read cards and given psychic readings for a while the book gives you almost a whole different way of viewing things. I can't recommend this set highly enough. If you are a beginner and this is the only deck and book you buy then it will be money well spent!
on 16 March 2008
After struggling with my first tarot deck for years, I put them away and have been learning tarot with this box set. Which includes the stunning Gilded tarot deck, and a very helpful easy to understand book on the gilded tarot. I wish I had found this ages ago, I would be an experienced reader by now if I had. If you're like me, someone who has wanted to learn the tarot but has struggled for a long time. Then this deck is for you.

I highly recommend it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 29 June 2012
In case of Tarot, I'm a complete beginner. I knew of course that "Tarot" card existed, but nothing more than that - and it took me a while to figure out the best way to start "playing" with those cards (too many books, too many reviews to go through, too many options - wasn't exactly sure where to start). Finally, after a long search I've decided to buy this particular "set", and I have to say that I don't regret it.

The package (a small box) contains the whole set of Tarot cards, a small book about Tarot and something that looks like a poster of "The Celtic Cross" spread (not really necessary, but still a nice "touch").

Cards:
Good quality, very beautiful drawings, much larger than standard playing card - size: 12cm by 7cm (4.7" by 2.5"). Bear in mind that they are different than classic Arthur Waite cards (but then again, those are good enough to use for the beginners) and as the author is saying in the book: "those already familiar with the Rider-Waite deck, should feel quite comfortable in using the Gilded Tarot" (by all means, it is not a negative point for me - but you could have a different preference here).

Book:
Truly great material there, containing probably everything that you need to know - as a beginner - about Tarot: how it works, a lot of information about cards and their meanings (minor & major arcana description), various connections between them, how to read them, most common spreads (such as The Cross of Truth, The Nine Card Spread, The Celtic Cross, The Life Spread and the Anchor), and major and minor arcana "cheat sheets" (very useful for the beginners). In overall: a good reading material, easy to understand and follow, about 220 pages and 6 parts in total, and a little bit of drawings here and there.

If you are completely new to Tarot, I would suggest buying this set and the accompanying book. It's a perfect combo to get you started with simple readings. I've been going through the examples for quite a while now, and have to say that everything is very easy explained and easy to do. The only thing I slightly miss from the book, is a little bit more examples of various spreads -> but this is not a negative point for me as the book (in overall) is very good (and many more examples can be found on the internet).

I think my next set will be a set of classic Arthur Waite cards - as everybody should have one of those in their collection - but this one is a perfect starting point for anybody interested in Tarot.

Other recommended books:
- "Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Questions" - by T. J MacGregor
review image review image review image
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have been teaching traditional Tarot reading for many years and have 'many' different sets of cards.
When a friend introduced me to this set I fell in love with the beautiful illustrations immediately and as it is so important to become good friends with your cards this set makes that easy to do.
The book is simple and straight forward and I would highly recommend it to those wishing to learn this skill.
I will highly recommend this item to my own students in future.
on 1 September 2009
i have been trying to learn the tarot on and off for a good few years now and every book that i have brought on reading the cards has been unstructured and difficult to understand. alas! there finally is a book that cuts through all the muddle and confusion! the author gives a stightforward, clearcut, no-nonsese way to read the cards and as soon as i had read the first ten pages, i could begin to see how it all worked as a whole and when reading the discriptons for each card, i soaked up the meanings easily.
the art work is outstanding on these cards. the colour is rich and warm and has lots of fine detail to guide you when reading them. they are without a doubt the best investment i have ever made in the world of tarot. for now i am able to be part of something that i always thought was beyond my reach. much praise for the easy tarot set!!!
on 31 January 2010
This pack is all that it is descibed as. The author has written the book well and has a great understanding for a beginners point of view. The cards are beautiful and explanations are clear.
on 18 June 2009
Excellent, what else can I say. I have tried to read tarot book and get lost in the middle of the first few pages, but this book explains things in a simple way that you can understand, and the cards are a delight, very colourful and I have to say easy to read. You can see how they come to their conclusions whilst doing a reading with them. I would deffinitely recommend this produce.
on 15 November 2011
I originally bought this set for the book itself, and since many of Ciro's beautifully created images can be viewed online, This review will be based on the contents of the book only.

There's a lot to this book and I've found it very helpful in my own work as a Tarot artist (earlier works include A King's Journey, Simply Deep etc). Every image is placed alongside a description of the card's main meanings for easy reference, which comes in very useful whether you are a non tarot reader wanting to casually learn how tarot works or someone wanting to learn to read either personally or professionally.

Included in the book are various common questions that people might have including a section on fate and free will, misconceptions on the tarot and others. I like that the author has attempted to tackle these questions as I feel it is of importance to address what for many are obvious stumbling blocks. All too often I see tarotists avoid even attempting to answer these recurring concerns, so it's nice that the author has addressed these in the book in such a well written manner.

When I first got this book I found it hard to put down. It's very well explained, very well written. In Part four, the author goes in-depth into some of the spreads including the Celtic Cross. Admittedly this part is a bit difficult for me to fully grasp, but then again as a non-tarot reader, an in-depth section that was not hard to grasp wouldn't really be doing it's job probably. Apart from the descriptions of all the 78 cards section, the in-depth section that focuses on different spreads/ card position meanings is in my opinion where most of the readers will really get what they paid for. It's packed full of useful information for those aspiring to be tarot readers (and again, useful for Tarot artists like myself)

I highly recommend it and look forward to purchasing her new book "easy tarot reading"

James Battersby
on 1 March 2008
i've had this set a few months and have been using it often without much sucess but the last few times i feel like these cards are working for me. the book is good and the cards are the best that i have seen they do take you into them would recommend this set, they also feel nice and of good quality.I was wondering if any one else has noticed that the fool looks like george w bush shame because that is my favourite card. highly recommended
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...