5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to shuffle mini tarot cards.
The Marseille Tarot is not my favourite pack for looking at but it always seems to be the most intuitive in use for me.

I moved house and mislaid my cards - they will turn up eventually but in the meantime I bought the mini-sized version.

Published on 15 Oct 2009 by K. A. Newton

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not waht I asked for
It's a mini deck, and I wanted a normal deck. There is no information on the product description. I'm very dissapointed. Hope you can provide better descriptions for your products in the future
Published 16 months ago by pazenha

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to shuffle mini tarot cards., 15 Oct 2009
K. A. Newton (North West England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tarot of Marseille/Tarot de Marsella/Tarot de Marseille/Tarot de Marseille/Tarocchi Di Marsiglia (Cards)

Printing quality is very good, the colours are not garish. For instance the reds and yellows on my mislaid full size pack were definitely brighter.

Each card has a shiny finish so they slide beautifully against each other. The cards have rounded corners.

For those not metrically minded the cards are three and a quarter inches long by one and three quarter inches wide and no problem to shuffle - not knowing this was the reason why I have not bought this size before.

I am looking forward to using them.

4.0 out of 5 stars reproduction of Burdel Marseille deck of 1751 - mini cards, 23 April 2008
Mike L (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
This is one of four Marseille decks produced by Lo Scarabeo of Italy. This is a reproduction of the deck drawn by Burdel and published by Schaffhouse in Switzerland in 1751. I find I don't like it very much! Note also that these are small cards: 44 x 80 mm. You can find the full size version on Amazon under ISBN B0014DEM5Q.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and Well-made, 29 Aug 2014
deadbeat (Tiptoe) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Good quality cards, finely printed, and robust, with a shiny finish. I specifically wanted this deck because they are smaller than usual and I think easier to handle (shuffling and the like).

These cards are apparently a reprinting of a 1751 deck by Swiss, Claud Burdel, though honestly they are almost identical to all the other "Type II" Marseilles Tarot (see here for more information on Type I and Type II Marseilles Tarot: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=61489 - stylistically the type I and II Tarots are very similar; the differences could almost be called irregularities; for example the direction of Cupid on trump card VI (The Lovers) facing to the left rather than the right - but I digress).

The Marseilles Tarot is iconic. There are many Tarot in circulation these days, from Kitten tarot to Japanese Manga tarot, and it behoves one to investigate that which suits ones purpose, or to use the Tarot which has most resonance. Still, one can safely say that wherever you investigate, you should set aside some time to investigate the Marseilles Tarot (as well as the Rider-Waite, the Thoth, and some others - there are literally hundreds and thousands of variants though). Personally, I am drawn to The Marseilles Tarot for its history. The pip cards are very simple, with the 9 of cups literally depicting 9 cups, and bear comparison to the standard set of 52 cards we have inherited today to play poker and the like (compared to the Rider-Waite deck which has a unique picture card for every pip (or Minor Arcana as they are so-called there)) and the artwork on the trumps themselves is beautiful in its own right.

But enough. If you want a small format deck of Marseille Tarot, look no further.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not waht I asked for, 19 April 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars depends on how you read cards, 17 Nov 2009
Louise Tassiker (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is a reproduction of The Marseille tarot deck produced by Lo Scarabeo in Italy in the 1700's.

This is a very charming deck with an amazing vintage feel to them, the major Arcana are beautifully designed, however, if like most people you use your cards through intuition rather than memorising their meanings from a book then you may find these cards of no use. The minor Arcana are not pictured the suits are simply shown as the number of each for example the four of wands shows simply four wands.

This is quite good for a starter pack but if you want to learn to use the cards without a book i'd suggest trying the Rider Waite pack

2.0 out of 5 stars What Can I Say?, 7 May 2012
Miss W. Merrymoon "Willow Merrymoon" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Some sources state that this deck was created in 1760, whilst others say 1790, by the Frenchman Nicolas Conver. It makes good use of bold colours, mainly red, blue and yellow and as you would expect, the imagery reflects the time in which it was created. The Death card is the only one not bearing it's own name. The cards of the Minor Arcana are represented only by 'pips' as were all Minor cards up until 1909 when the Rider-Waite Tarot appeared.

This was the first deck I worked with, for about two years before I moved onto something else. I probably wouldn't recommend it to a person just starting out with the Tarot. I only have the Minor Arcana as I stuck the Major Arcana cards on a kitchen cupboard door many years ago (definitely a talking point when anyone ventured into the kitchen!) and when I tried to remove them to take with me to my next abode, they succumbed to the ravages of time and more or less disintegrated.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a POCKET SIZE deck, a very small one!, 4 Jun 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Title of the product is misleading - IT'S A MINI DECK., 20 Feb 2014
I have to give it just one star because the title of the product is misleading, it should read "Mini Tarot of Marseille" or something that make reference to the size. Real dimensions of this deck - 85 x 47 x 30 mm.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 Aug 2014
love that I can always have cards on me