5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 star

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Faerie Deck
Published on 1 Mar. 2008 by Margaret A. Foster

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 star, 14 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Mystic Faerie Tarot (Paperback)
The art is beautiful and detailed, really inspiring, but if I was being picky, I'll say that I don't like the drawings of the guys. The stories that go with each suit is really enchanting and helps you to remember the meanings of the cards and understand them more, but there isn't any reversed meanings if you read reversed cards as well. This deck isn't as suitable for beginners I think, but it is suitable for collectors and more advanced readers who know the basics well already.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Faerie Deck, 1 Mar. 2008
Margaret A. Foster (Quakertown, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mystic Faerie Tarot (Paperback)
This is a lovely deck. Really, it has some beautiful faerie images, well laid out and as it is based on the Rider Waite deck, you can see the images transition into the faerie realm. The colors are soft, pastel and it is a very feminine deck, in more ways than one. While the artist specifically says that the images are not supposed to carry the imagery in any one specific gender and can be interpreted as either male or female, I got a very decisively female imagery from many of the cards.

While there are male images throughout the deck, the female images are stronger. Female warriors, female figureheads. The Sun which most associate with male energies, is very much female and strong in appearance. In the Lovers card, the woman stands above the male image. The male images almost stand as consort to the female images.

This imagery will determine who purchases this deck. I do not see many men using this deck. However, if you have some very feminine clients, this deck may be one that speaks to them. I noticed that my very feminine clients liked this deck, but most noticed the absence of very decisive male imagery.

The deck could speak to some teenage girls who are looking for their first deck and are very into faerie imagery. The images are soft, non - threatening. Even the devil card seemed almost friendly.

The imagery does relate to the Rider Waite deck, as I mentioned, and using this deck should be no problem for those familiar with this layout. There are 22 Trump cards and the suits are wands, cups, swords and pentacles. The court cards are (in order in the book) Queen, King, Knave and Knight. And going back to a teenage girl's first deck, the images will work as basics for reading the tarot.

The deck does lack in the deeper symbolism of the Tarot. While a good place to start, a more in depth deck would be recommended as the reader graduates into the deeper meanings.

This deck is lovely to look at. The faerie images are beautifully executed and it will hold great appeal to someone who associates with the beautiful faerie imagery. But as a working deck, I would pull this out only for the younger faerie loving teenager or the occasional client who does not like the "darker" imagery that is in most tarot decks. Boudica

5.0 out of 5 stars A charming deck with emotional depth!, 12 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Mystic Faerie Tarot (Paperback)
I loved this deck from the moment i picked it up. The faeries have so much charactor and each story is most beautifully written with the meanings of each card being very well presented. It's an easy deck to master and has emotional depth. This deck has a playful air to it. The art is delicate and enchanting and each picture capitivates and can be read with ease. I find this a very spiritual and positive deck. Highly Recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too delicate to really be of any great use for serious Reading..., 31 Oct. 2012
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Mystic Faerie Tarot (Paperback)
This looked such a gorgeous Deck when I saw someone use it on YouTube - but as I am buying more and more Decks lately, not all are quite as lovely as they look in people's Videos or images...

Now; don't get me wrong; this is still a very lovely Deck. It comes with a lovely glossy and substantial book of Interpretations, scans of every Card, advice, and quite a few different and unusual Spreads which I do like - but it's the actual Cards themselves I have a problem with...

Basically; these Cards look delightful if you look at them one by one, but laid out in Spreads - they almost all look alike (at a glance) they're SO delicately done, that at times there appears simply no difference or colour in each, which makes them difficult to read or seem significant... This is such a shame, because the quality is nice, and as I say; the book is excellent. It's a Deck I'd probably have been pleased to own had it been perhaps given to me as a gift, but if I had my time to go over again, I perhaps would not have purchased it myself...

Shame...

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting!, 12 Aug. 2007
Amazon Customer (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mystic Faerie Tarot (Paperback)
This is an extremely beautiful deck with a very gentle energy, especially suitable for younger readers. There is a story for each of the Minor Arcana suits in the accompanying book by Barbara Moore, who also wrote the book for the Gilded Tarot. The deck also comes with an organza bag, as with other Llewellyn decks, but instead of the usual black, it is a more suitable gold colour. I cannot recommend this deck highly enough. If I could I'd give it six stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Faerie cards, 25 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Mystic Faerie Tarot (Paperback)
If you are in any dilemma about buying these cards...I would have to say, just get them...they are stunning. The artwork is second to none, the card is good quality, and they come neatly or should I say, magically packaged in a golden pouch.
If that's not enough for you, then try the exceptionally amazing book that goes with them.The whole book is a delight to hold and read.
I was instantly enchanted with them when they arrived. I am sure they would be suitable for anyone with an interest in Fae, magic, fantasy, nature, art, gentleness, a desire to heal the world etc....
They are loosely based on the rider waite system, but with all the harshness removed.
The meanings are a little different from Rws, and as some of the reviews suggest, they may take a little getting used to. I don't care how long it takes me to get used to them, they are all, each and everyone of them adorable.
I was looking for a tarot that was magical, gentle and easy to interpret, well After 20 odd years I have finally found it.
I give this deck 7 stars!
Thank you for the creation of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this deck!, 4 Feb. 2014
Miss J. Gillespie "Arianrhod" (Aberdeenshire Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mystic Faerie Tarot (Paperback)
I didn't think I would love this deck as I much as I would. The best bit about this deck is that it has a little story for the minor arcana. I love that as well as I can read decks better with a story. I have a couple of just pip cards and I can't read them as much as the illustrated decks.

This is my playful fae deck I always say. I

5.0 out of 5 stars fairy magic, 1 Jan. 2013
L. White "fast_cat2" (warks ,uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mystic Faerie Tarot (Paperback)
these cards are so uplifting and the illustrations are beautiful , the book helps you do lots of different readings , makes a nice change from a normal tarot reading , well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars bautifal, 17 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Mystic Faerie Tarot (Paperback)
I love my tarot and the little book that is with it. I'm so glad that chose mystic tarot I can't put them down. SO BEAUTIFUL

5.0 out of 5 stars The most beautiful set of tarot cards you can buy!, 19 Sept. 2009
Autumnmiss "G" (somewhere over the rainbow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mystic Faerie Tarot (Paperback)
I have been searching for a set of tarot cards which really 'speak' to me for years and now i have found them. These are so gorgeous you could look at the images for hours. The artist is a very talented lady. Now i feel i can start to learn about this fascinating art.
Don't hesitate, buy them today.

Mystic Faerie Tarot
Mystic Faerie Tarot by Barbara Moore (Paperback - 31 July 2007)