1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I imagined, 18 May 2012
This review is from: The Buddha Tarot (Cards)
When I saw this deck online I fell in love with the artwork, its so vivid!
Detailed and simple at the same time! The images are super clear and really jump out at you. Showing different stages of the Buddha's life.

At first it seemed a perfect coupling of interests for me - Tarot and Buddhism but no.
Yes the artwork is really wonderful, but they didn't seem the easiest cards to interpret for me. It may just be a personal thing, not every deck of cards appeals to every reader. I felt they were lacking somehow and my sister thought the same when she got them. Plus the pips are not illustrated which, for a beginner may make reading a little more difficult.

I have given them a few years just in case they grew on me but still me and this deck are just not going to connect.

Having said that these cards are lovely just to have and I do get them out every so often to ogle at the delicious artwork. I recommend getting them solely for the art work!

In conclusion, there are some tarot decks that 'click' with hundreds and hundreds of readers. No mater how old the deck is they continue to be strong favorites! This does not seem like one of those.

Of course this is only my personal opinion (and my sister).

The Buddha Tarot
The Buddha Tarot by Robert Place (Cards - 6 April 2004)
Used & New from: £70.33