5.0 out of 5 stars Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
Excellent book!! All I can say. Full of info and wisdom. If you’ve read the second book, and thought it was great, this is just as good! It’s more for beginners, but I think it can offer wisdom to experienced wiccans/pagans as well.
Definitely worth the price as I’ve seen it for £20 in some shops!
It goes best with the other 2 books, although I...
Published on 8 Nov 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Some nice info and handy spells
Some nice info and handy spells.
I like the way the book is explained and laid out for the most part.
Unfortunately the quality of the book lets it down. I bought three of these as gifts for my girls and they are a disappointement.
The cover is a printed copy of a nice cover and the paper quality is not great.
I would not recommend as a gift, shame...
Published 4 months ago by ScarlettWebb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows, 8 Nov 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows (Paperback)
Definitely worth the price as I’ve seen it for £20 in some shops!
It goes best with the other 2 books, although I learnt loads from it anyway. Its got herbs, spells, rituals and loads more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Material, 25 April 2005
This is an excellent resource for any green witch who practices the green arts. This book is full of rituals and practical information which is a complete replica of Moura's own BoS. It is set out as a practical guide, and it should be used in conjunction with her other books, as it doesn't contain any theory, it is just a straight-forward BoS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 May 2007
Jessica Green "Tillykins" (Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
This book gets a lot of use by me. It has so much information and is particulary good for practical working as has a great list of symbols, correspondences etc. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Champion for beginners and the absent-minded alike, 28 April 2014
Regardless of some of the negative reviews I have seen written about this book. I think, as a non-Wiccan just muckin' about with Wicca for the first time, this little handbook falls into the category of what I would call, "Witchcraft for idiots," but in a very nice way. The first Yuletide Carrol really made me smile, so much so, I had to take my pipe out of my mouth to chuckle. Because I don't now know if this version of, "Come All Ye Faithful," is the original one, hijacked by the Church, or a humorous, yet very appropriate, meaningful spin on the Christian religious nursery rhyme. The bits you don't immediately need are pecked away very neatly in their own sections. It's as good as a quick-start manual as it is an in--depth reference. But sadly, as with most theologically based literature, it is certainly not recommended for the, "We are right and you are wrong," brigade.

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely book, 19 April 2006
julie58 (Fareham, UK) - See all my reviews
This book has much to offer both the beginner and experienced witch. There are blank pages for you to add your own notes, rituals etc, making this a very personal Book of Shadows (although I wouldn't substitute this for my own personal BOS) An all round interesting, fact-packed book

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of information., 8 Jun 2013
I bought this book out of curiosity and on that front - I am happy. It has a lot of information that anyone wanting to know more on this topic and its thorough. The only reason I didn't give it all the stars was simply because I expected something with a little more history or explanation/guidance. All the stuff is there, but if you know absolutely nothing - it seems a bit daunting - like a big encylopedia. So that is more about what I was looking for - rather than a point about the book Its easy to see how its been designed and a lot of care has gone into making it as complete as possible with all the initial basics plus pragmatic and hands on instructions for work. I am very glad I bought it because its like a reference boo that I can dip into in several different ways.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, basic grimoire - suitable for beginners upwards., 29 Dec 2012
Although I have my own book of shadows, I am a solitary practitioner and therefore like to read other books to fill in the gaps. This is an excellent book which would be suitable for both beginners and those further down the track! The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because she waffles a bit occasionally - but don't let this put you off, it really is a very good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars very interestingly done, 10 April 2006
Deborah MacGillivray "Author," (US & UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Not a beginners book, but a more advanced grimoire for the solitary practitioner. Spells, rituals and practice covers a wide range of needs - circle casting, Esbat rituals, Sabbat Rituals, meditations, basic spells, to cleaning your crystals and divinations. She also goes into teas, oils and baths, the foundation for the aromatherapy crazy. Each divided into well organized, easy-to-follow sections.

As with all the Green Witchcraft series, there is a wealth of information just not for the crafter, but endless material to help writers of the paranormal and fantasy categories.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book!, 25 April 2013
This book is all that I expected and much more! It covers all of the basics plus extras for any one who wishes to embark on this magikal path.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 18 Dec 2003
after buying the author's previous green witchcraft books, i bought this assuming it was going to be a simple re-hashing of the other three, as Green Magic was. Not so. This book is a refreshing look at green witchcraft - not like her other books at all! it's very clear and concise, too!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows by Ann Moura (Paperback - 29 Aug 2003)