5.0 out of 5 stars A Collector's Tarot
This is not a deck I would use, rather one for reflection on the weaknesses and foibles of our human nature. Many of the cards are direct copies of Sebastian Brant's woodcuts, while some eg Temperance are in the style of Brant's work.
Published 20 months ago by Ol' Cat

3.0 out of 5 stars Foolish game :-)
This is my first Tarot and I don't know much about Tarot in general, so I can't compare it with other designs yet or even judge the content:

+ I like the idea and realization,
+ the drawings are appropriate in my opinion, easy to read and not overloaded
+ it's simple, not tawdry, not colorful - just black and light yellow/beige (background)
+ the...
Published on 7 Feb 2011 by Mio

3.0 out of 5 stars Foolish game :-), 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: Ship of Fools Tarot: Based on the Art of Sebastian Brant's "Das Narrenschiff" (Cards)

+ I like the idea and realization,
+ the drawings are appropriate in my opinion, easy to read and not overloaded
+ the accompanying book is quite helpful (it contains descriptions of the cards, shows differences between classical tarot decks and the "Ship of fools" Tarot and gives you a short summary for the meaning of every card)
+ the price is okay
+ some suggestions for different styles of Tarot reading are described in the book
+ nice box for the game with nice typo...

- ... but a bit "thin" (the material, it's not very robust)
- I don't like the material of the cards that much. They are bigger in size than usual card games, this is nice, but the feeling of the cards is just the same (it's "polished" - I've seen another Tarot deck once, I think it was the A E White Tarot, which had kinda raw surface. I'd prefer this kind.).
- And I'd like it much better if the back of the cards were dark (maybe just inverted colors). So now the cards don't have a good visual contrast between front and back, it's just the same color and visual style.

In my eyes this Tarot deck isn't perfect but since I don't know a better one yet I don't regret buying this. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Collector's Tarot, 27 Jan 2013
This is not a deck for the Tarot novice. The images are not coloured and the lack of hue and definition does not guide the reader to particular motifs. This allows for a greater play for introspection, as the true guide lies in our imaginations. This may be off-putting for some.
As someone conversant with medieval art and literature, I find the deck appealing and the woodcuts harmonious with the Fool's Journey as depicted in more conventional tarots. The accompanying book explains this well, but is not suitable for one who is unfamiliar with the tarot, as a basic knowledge is assumed.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 18 July 2010
Silverdolphin23 (LONDON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
an excellent tarot........ that it is blank leaves great cope for the imagination when doing readings

Ship of Fools Tarot: Based on the Art of Sebastian Brant's "Das Narrenschiff"
Used & New from: £15.90