5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing & inspiring.
I love this book! I've had it for about three weeks and I've already made around 15 recipes. I'm loving that it's pushing me to find new ingredients and to try cuisines that I would usually have decided were too complicated or beyond me!

Published 19 months ago by veganinbrighton

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more photos
The recipes are interesting but some of the ingredients may be difficult to source in the uk. The few recipes I have tried need plenty of time and have been complicated. I would have liked more photos so that I could see what the end result should look like.
This will probably not be one of my 'go to' recipe books.
Published 5 months ago by linda borowiec

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing & inspiring., 5 Dec 2012
This review is from: Vegan Eats World (Hardcover)

The book itself is beautiful, I love that it's hard backed, so many of my paperback cookbooks are falling apart because they've been used so much but my trusty hardback copy of Veganomicon is holding up despite the fact that I use it all the time!

There's a great section in this book entitled 'Kitchen Cartography' where Terry describes cooking techniques and ingredients you'll need for the recipes within the book as well as ideas of where to find them. For me it's worth seeking out some new soy sauces or cooking wines so that I can recreate food that I've loved at a restaurant or whilst travelling and I've loved everything that I've cooked so far. Not everything is complicated or included hard to find ingredients though and there's a great key to help you find quick, supermarket friendly or beginner suitable recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars i am going to eat this book!, 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: Vegan Eats World (Hardcover)
I helped with the recipe testing for this book and highly reccomend giving it a go! Some of the recipes are for the more exerienced vegan cook but there is a good variety of levels of difficulty. It s full of unique recipes that i have not always seen aproached from a vegan point of view. Can't wait to make all of these all over again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more photos, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Vegan Eats World (Hardcover)
This will probably not be one of my 'go to' recipe books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Many casual browsers will be put off the book thanks to the start and that would be a shame, 14 Dec 2012
I. Darren (Fi) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Vegan Eats World (Hardcover)
Here is a book that left this reviewer with mixed feelings. A sort of confusion if you like.
The concept itself is simple. Hundreds of recipes that are suitable for a vegan diet, underscored by an ecological motive to 'save the planet.' It is just a question as to whether this book was 'preaching to the converted' as there seemed to be, at times, a bit of a clash of identities and meanings.
Beginning with a fairly heavy, slightly oppressive, fundamentalist manifesto for veganism this book managed to annoy this reviewer in quick order and if he did not have to read the book regardless it probably would have been cast aside. Those who are vegan will already be converted to the cause and those who are wavering or just considering adding some vegan recipes to their food repertoire without fully eschewing meat might feel hectored. It just feels wrong and a bit too pushy, which is a shame as undoubtedly the sentiments come from the heart and there can be many valid points within the introductory text. The best way to describe the feeling is to consider an unwelcome visitor on your doorstep pushing their religious beliefs whilst letting enthusiasm get in the way of their presentation. That said, fortunately there are not many pages in this vein before a sense of normality comes back to the book.
The reader is then taken truly back to to the first step, should it be necessary, with an introduction on how to cook - or "Kitchen Cartography: Mapping Your Way To A Brave New Vegan Cuisine" as the author calls it. It is more than an overview of vegan cooking and how it might differ (for those who are coming from a non-vegan lifestyle). It even teaches you things such as how to cut vegetables (!). Food ingredients, cuisine styles and typical kitchen equipment are also considered in great detail. For the unwary or the inexperienced cook these can be a essential reading and should this level of detail not be necessary it is easily bypassed.
So the recipes? After several key spice blends it is time to look at the 'three protein Amigos' as tofu, seitan and tempeh are referred to. After that the recipes are split into chapters for pickles, chutneys and sauces; salads, spreads and sandwiches; soups; curries, stews and beans; dumplings, breads and pancakes; asian noodles and paste; entrees; vegetable entrees and sides; rice & whole grains and one pot dishes and finally sweets.
The recipes themselves are great both in variety, scope and likelihood to please. It is just a shame, contends this reviewer, that the introductory text managed to set things off on the wrong foot. Each recipe is concisely presented with a series of icons that identify various things like a typical maximum cooking time, whether cheaper ingredients are used, level of difficulty, low fat and various allergy-specific information. Recipes are also cross-indexed by these icons later on in the book and this seems a great approach that other books should emulate. The instructions are clear and to the point. For the unwary though, there are no full colour images of each dish - this might be a deal breaker for some.
After all of this a number of sample menus, various online resources and a detailed series of indices are offered up to round off the book.
Overall as a package, this reviewer is not so sure if it works, mostly due to the hectoring tone taken at the start of the book. As a collection of recipes, if one can ignore the start, this might be a great little collection of recipes both for the die-hard vegan and also for even meat-eaters who are happy to broaden their horizon and see that veganism is not automatically a boring, tasteless means of eating. This reviewer though feels that many casual browsers will be put off the book thanks to the start and that would be a shame.

4.0 out of 5 stars Authentic, delicious, inspiring, 13 Dec 2012
This review is from: Vegan Eats World (Hardcover)
First off, this book is gorgeous!. I love the colours, illustration, fonts and photographs.
I haven't had the chance to try too many recipes yet but I honestly don't think there is a single recipe I wouldn't make! Some recipes are easier and more accessible than others but if you are interested in branching out to new cuisines and trying new tastes, you will most likely be inspired by Terry's recipes.
The only reason I'm giving this book 4 stars and not 5 is because I like a lot of desserts in my recipe books, haha. That said, the dessert chapter does include an amazing baklava and a delicious Japanese style mochi and ice cream recipe!
I waited a long time for this book to be released and I am not disappointed!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 5 Dec 2012
J. Bonner (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Vegan Eats World (Hardcover)
I don't know about fake reviews, as claimed by a previous reader, but I do have to say that I am very disappointed in this book. Being hardback, it was unnecessarily expensive (why not paperback?). I have other books by this author that have been great, but there was literally nothing in Vegan Eats World that appealed to my taste. That's not to say it wouldn't appeal to others, though bear in mind it's an American book, so you may need to substitute or do without some ingredients. An expensive waste of money for me.

Vegan Eats World
Vegan Eats World by Terry Hope Romero (Hardcover - 13 Nov 2012)
17.00