Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 July 1998
Although this is the first title I've read by Tim LaHaye, it is obvious that his personal belief in the power of God's Word is significant to him. In a very clear, and easily read format, Tim guides the reader through diverse perspectives on how to read and study the Bible. His focus is clearly on applying the knowledge of scripture in the life of the reader. Tim presents several commitment levels of study for the reader, recognizing that individual members of his audience will be at different phases of faith maturity. Tim prescribes various approaches to reading the 66 books of the Bible, depending upon the specific interests or needs of the reader. He presents a plan to read, and learn from, the entire Bible within 3 years. This is a terrific guide for anyone who has never been taught how to read the Bible effectively. Highly recommended for anyone who is searching for a plan to guide them through personal Bible study.
on 25 March 1999
The title of this book caught my eye. As a recently returned Christian, I was looking for a plan to get in the habit of reading the bible, and this book turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. This book provides a plan for the average reader to read through the entire bible in 3 years, without getting bogged down in the heavy stuff first. I now find it a joy to read scripture daily, instead of the task it used to be. He also includes worksheets the reader can use to keep a spiritual journal, as well as for several different ways to study elements of the bible. I have found these to be very effective in helping me to make the most of my devotional time, and bring me to a better understanding of what I have read, with better retention. I would recommend this book to the newest Christians as well as those who are more spiritually mature. There truly is something for everyone here.
on 30 March 2009
How to study the bible for yourself sets out a clear and realistic programme to enable the reader to begin reading and reflecting on the Bible. It summarises the key points needed to make bible study relevant and reflective, and does so in a way that applies across all denominations. I have found it a useful introduction to structured bible reading and intend to continue the programme, although I may go no to buy other texts as I progress with my study.
If you want to get more serious about bible study, then this is definitely the book for you. LaHaye starts by very clearly laying out the reasons why we should be more serious about our study of the bible. He then sets out a plan for reading the bible through. This is no quick fix method but is detailed and thorough, and designed to allow you to immerse yourself in the bible. The first book he recommends you read is 1 John. You read this once a day for seven days, asking yourself questions and looking for what God is saying to you in 4 key areas. Alongside this is a plan for memorising bible verses. As I say this is not for people,who,want to,just read the bble, but for those who are serious about immersing themselves in Gods word and hearing what he wants to say to you today.
on 25 April 2002
As a new christian I started to read the Bible I read the New Testament and some of the old then I thought ok what now? I needed help in really reading and studing the Bible,this book is just what I needed, it's focused, easy to read and very helpful.It has got me right on track and makes me feel so conected to the Word
on 14 July 2009
I found this book helped me alot im so glad i purchased this book,
It helped me to study the bible properly and to read and study the sciptures.
on 21 April 2010
This has finally unravelled the mystery that is studying the Bible! I have a desire to study the Bible daily but really didnt know where to start or how to go about it. but thanks to this book, i'm ok and i'm on my way!

Every blessing
on 5 December 2010
As soon as i started reading this book, it opened my eyes to Bible reading in another light. I read thorough most of the book and then used the lists in the book on how to bible study. You can choose to study people, books, verses, its really up to you.

I recommend this book to anyone who is struggling with how to find ways to study the bible. The Bible is a complex library with 66 books in total. Therefore it is essential that you learn how to read it properly so you can gain the fullest from it. This is exactly what this book does.

Furthermore i recommend this book to people who are looking for new ways to read the bible. you will be amazed!!!
on 13 February 2010
This book is really the best for as many that wants to grow spiritually and to have a deep understanding of the Word of God,It suggests lots of methods that could be used to have this done.
on 21 April 2011
Extremely helpful. Wish I'd found it when I became a Christian first. I have recommended to lots of people. Very practical advice, easy to follow