5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT AND INFORMATIVE BOOK.....THANK YOU!!!,, 30 May 2009
Heather Negahdar ""Haze"" (Bridgetown, Barbados) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Prayer That Changes Everything: The Hidden Power of Praising God (Omartian, Stormie) (Paperback)
"Worship is a choice we make. Whether we worship God or not, is always an act of our own will. Our will determines whether we make it our first reaction to things that happen to us - or don't happen to us - or a last resort. If we do not make it our first reaction, then we cannot possibly make it a way of life. And if we do not make praise a way of life, we will never experience all God has for us."

This book was a Christmas gift which I thoroughly enjoyed as I have never read any of the author's works. Stormie Omartian writting is incredible and she is bent on showing us how practical praising God and worshiping Him can affect all our lives. Because God dwells and inhabits the praises of His people we are sure that He is near, and as we send our praises up He sends His blessings down to us. There is no Praise that God the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are unaware of. He empowers us and draws us closer to Him. When we are closer to Him we yearn to be just like Him and we get the very sense of the Kingdom. Stormie Omartian walks us through the many reasons why we should praise God, and she allows us to know when praise is crucial.
Another thing I loved about this book was after each chapter there was a nice long prayer of Praise, then a study to make sure we understood what we had just read, and bible verses to dwell on. This book was well laid out and well written, and can be used as a devotional if you care to. Very well done. I look forward to reading more of Stormie Omartian's work. May God continue to bless her and use her towards the honour and glory of His Kingdom. For surely we can be made better and brighter christians by following her teaching.
Reviewed by Heather Marshall Negahdar (SUGAR-CANE 30/05/09)

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely highly recommend Stormie Omartian, 5 Nov 2012
My wife highly recommends any book by Stormie Omartian. If you only want to buy one, start here with "The Prayer that Changes Everything: The Hidden Power of Praising God". Life changing and inspirational - as well as effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another inspiring book from Stormie, but if you have ..., 19 July 2014
Another inspiring book from Stormie, but if you have not read any of her books before I would suggest you read her other book The Power of Praying Together First. I would not give this more 5* if I did not think worth the read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful insight, 16 July 2009
This book has been helpful in my daily reflexions. Its small size is quite nice to put in ones pocket to have whenever the need arises. Covers a number of issues.

Used & New from: £0.01