5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner by Lori Wick!
Published on 12 July 1996

2.0 out of 5 stars bad choice of profession
I have read this book twice and I have to admit the idea is not bad and the romance very nice. However, as a German speaking reader I could never find the character of Sophie convincing, which ruins the whole story. Contrary to what is commonly believed English is quite easy to learn if you know German. That Sophie is supposed to be a professional interpreter and fluent...
Published on 13 July 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner by Lori Wick!, 12 July 1996
This review is from: Sophie's Heart (Paperback)
Living in Wisconsin and being a big fan of Lori Wick's writing, Sophie's Heart won my Heart. As usual once I picked it up, there was no thought of putting it back down. I honestly stayed up until three in the morning finishing this story of Sophie's life. This young woman's courageous move to America and her tenacity in "making a life for herself" enthralled me. Then her exciting move to my home state to be a nanny for a recently widowed, handsome young man kept me reading. This book is a faith building love story that encourages you to stay true to your beliefs and to live each day to the fullest. The only let down is that there are no plans for a sequel.

4.0 out of 5 stars I had a difficult time putting it down., 12 Feb 1999
This review is from: Sophie's Heart (Paperback)
A Christian novel, Sophie's Heart tells of a story of a 28 year old Czech who leaves behind her "Babushka" (grandmother) in search of a new life in America. The message of God's love and faithfulness is the center of the story. While predictable, the book manages to keep interest alive through touching moments that brought me to tears many times. For those who enjoy novels with a Christian message, I would recommend this book. Note, though, how often poor Sophie's palms get sweaty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Feb 1999
This review is from: Sophie's Heart (Paperback)
I find Lori Wick to be one of the most interesting and emotional authors I've read. In Sophie's Heart, she uses all of her incredible ability to draw you into the story, and to make you fall in love with Sophie. You even meet the author at a church picnic! Set in contemporary times, the search for God and the things of the Spirit taught me and encouraged me in my own spiritual walk. I recomend all of Wick's books!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down until the last word on the last page., 11 Mar 1998
This review is from: Sophie's Heart (Paperback)
Lori Wick, in her novel, "Sophie's Heart," has brought forth a compelling work, illustrating the human spirit with a heart for Christ. The faith expressed by Sophie, not to mention the growth of spirit in Alec, moved my own heart to repentance in areas that I had long put to the side. As a writer myself, I find that I can easily become accustomed to reading the same thing, day in, day out, but this was no ordinary story. "Sophie's Heart" was so compelling that I just couldn't put it down. I picked it up the afternoon that I received it, thinking, oh, I'll just thumb through it, check out the prologue...and then before I knew it, it was midnight, and I was still reading. Thank you, Lori, for such a wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, keep up the good work, Lori!, 1 Feb 1997
This review is from: Sophie's Heart (Paperback)
It's been along time since I've read this book but I've remembered it ever since. I thought that this book was an excellent portrayal of a person from a different country moving to the U.S. I was touched, as I am with all of Lori Wicks, by the way the unexpected romance blooms. The ending was also very well structured and with just the right touch of realism. However, no book is perfect and, as much as I'd like to, I can't give this book a true ten. Anyway, except for a few writing glitches, this book was excellent and I'd recomend this book to any Christian fiction fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic and touching; keep up the great work, Lori!!, 3 Aug 1997
This review is from: Sophie's Heart (Paperback)
Sophie's Heart is the most touching and most captivating story that Lori Wick has ever written. You will cry and laugh as Sophie's life story is laid out before you. You will read of her moving to the Riley household, forming a strong relationship with the three Riley children and finally watch as Sophie and Alec slowly fall in love. I recommend this wonderful novel to any Christian woman or youth who wants to read the best Christian romance book of our times.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful, heart-warming story., 2 July 1998
This review is from: Sophie's Heart (Paperback)
This story of Sophie's struggle to adapt to life in America is a heart-felt look into our culture. She finds acceptance through a local women's group at a local church. There she finds friendship that leads to fullfillment of lifelong dreams.
Lori Wick's writing is a pleasure to read. I feel I am watching a movie and I don't want it to end! I have read every book she has written, most even twice, and eagerly await her next accomplishment. Thank you Lori.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book for Any Age Young or Old!!!, 21 July 1999
This review is from: Sophie's Heart (Paperback)
This is a great book for anyone, whether your 13 or 45! I couldn't put it down, it makes you feel as though your really there, like you've met the characters it's WONDERFUL!! Lori Wick is the best fiction writer, i've read 5 of her books and she never let me down! i would recommend this book to anyone from someone that just wants a good book to curl up beside the fire with to someone that needs some real life encouragement in their walk with Jesus Christ!

5.0 out of 5 stars What an encouragement to single women!!, 8 Mar 1998
This review is from: Sophie's Heart (Paperback)
Whether you're struggling with the slow pace of your relationship or you're thinking that people should automatically take the "big step" in a relationship, this book is for you! Sophie's innocence and patience taught me a great deal about relationships, and most importantly, how waiting on God can be very, very exciting and fulfilling. Lori Wick, thanks for writing such an inspirational book that can be passed on among friends for a lifetime!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophie's Heart is one of my all time favorite books!, 7 July 1998
This review is from: Sophie's Heart (Paperback)
Lori Wick did a wonderful job on Sophie's Heart. I have read this book at least five times and will probably read it five more. It tell of an emmigrant who comes to America to start a new life. She meets a family who has recently lost their mother and becomes their housekeeper. She wins her way into their hearts and lives. It is a wonderful romantic story. I would recommend this book and any of Lori Wick's other books.

Sophie's Heart
Sophie's Heart by Lori Wick (Paperback - 1 Jun 2004)