‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging and inspiring portrait of an incredible life, 17 July 1999
By A Customer
The reader will find this book personally challenging, inspiring, and moving. Even for those unfamiliar with the incredible (yet short) career of Keith Green cannot help but feel a certain level of conviction as well as a measure of inspiration in the life of this disciple of Christ. This biography tells the story of Keith Green's life from a variety of angles, but perhaps the most significant is the account it gives of his growth in faith. I read this book and was spiritually and emotionally moved to know the God that Keith Green worshipped in a personal and intimate way. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Burning Desire, 30 Mar 1999
By A Customer
I didn't know what to expect when I started reading Keith Green's biography, NO COMPROMISE. Looking back over time, I'd realize God had given me a rare moment to actually meet Keith face-to-face. Out of the thousands he ministered to in his short life, I doubt if he would ever remember me. I met him at one of his concerts. I was a die hard 2nd Chapter of Acts fan. I didn't fall in love with Keith's music over night. I'd prefer the gentle wooing of Acts' music. Keith was "all or nothing!" A little too overwhelming for my young Christian mind at the time. Two things I will never forget about meeting him: his eyes and his refusal to sign autographs. I had never seen anyone's eyes so full of the fire of the Holy Spirit. I remember staring into them and thinking, "This is what it means to be totally committed to Christ." Many wanted his autograph, but he politely refused. Simply stating, "No...I want the Lord to get all the glory!"
Until I read NO COMPROMISE, I had no idea the journey Keith had taken from the day he was born until the time we briefly met. I was riveted by the book. I found myself re-reading it over a period of three times! Each time, I captured more and more of God's power in a person who had totally given their life to Christ. Reading about his life gave me a deeper appreciation for his music. Now, I listen with a deeper appreciation, a little sadness (because I miss him)and a maturity I didn't have when I first met him. I miss his fire, his faithfulness, his challenge to the church as a whole. This book is definitely for someone who wants to know, is there anyone totally sold out to Jesus? I can honestly say, "Yes..there was. I met him His name was Keith Green."

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent,the most inspiring book I ever read!, 27 July 2001
This review is from: No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green (Paperback)
I recommend this book to anyone. It is thought evoking and challenging. Keith Green was an inspiration!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wake from your sleep !, 28 Aug 2000
This review is from: No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green (Paperback)
This book is full on, and like the title says, deals with a no comprimise attitude towards our walk with Christ. Keith Green was an ordinary guy who was sickened by the way Christians (including himself) walked all over the Grace of God. He was burdened to challenge christians through his music ministry and get real with God. Read this book, it will inspire and challenge you, and may well change your life and this generation (God willing!). It has been a real blessing to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Real Christianity!, 30 July 1997
By A Customer
For "fans" this is required reading. But if your a fan you know that Keith doesn't have fans, He has followers. I don't mean blasphamy, but his life and message are VERY strong. His life has changed many lives; like he has changed mine. Clothe the naked, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, care for the sick... These are the good works of a christian, Keiths life will show you how to do this in modern society. If we all served without reservation the way he did, maybe we wouldn't miss him as much. Read this book. Then listen to his music! To be fan of Keith is to be follower of Christ.

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRUE man of FAITH!!!!, 2 July 1998
By A Customer
Excellent biography about the life of christian musician Keith Green. I hope to someday have the type of faith he had: strong and committed. If you enjoy the book, you will definitely enjoy his music. So once you read the book, buy some of his cds and listen to some powerful songs of faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to be Shaken to your Very Foundations, 17 Sep 2008
A. Hill - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green (Paperback)
This is one of the most challenging and amazing books I have ever read. Keith's passion for Jesus and his desire for everyone to hear about Him continues to touch many lives, including mine, even so long after Keith's death in 1982. Yes, Keith had his faults, but his willingness to give his all for Jesus is a challenge to us all - whoever or wherever we are. There is no escaping from the fact that we don't know how long we have on this earth, and that we are called to make the most of our time, as Keith tried to do, for the sake of reaching others for Jesus...whatever the cost...even if it means death. Keith is an inspiration but don't forget he only points the way to someone greater...Jesus, the King of Kings & Lord of Lords!

5.0 out of 5 stars I've read this over and over and over again, 9 April 2000
This review is from: No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green (Paperback)
I've been reading this book over and over and over and over again since I was about 14 years old, it never ceases to inspire me and push me onwards, desiring to count the cost of following Jesus. Keith's life stands as a convicting and encouraging message for anyone who takes the call of Christ seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind Blowing, 21 Nov 1999
Other than the Bible I have never read another book that has had such an impact on my life. I bought three copies after being lent a copy and am making sure that everyone I know gets to read it. They in turn are buying their own copies such is the power of this book. I thought I was a good Christian. After reading this I had to take a long hard look at my whole attitude. Wow I can just read it again and again and still find new things in it. If you ever only buy one book make it this one. Then be prepared for change. If you read this and are not moved then check your pulse. This really is one of the best books I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will change my life..., 25 July 1999
By A Customer
I am among the lost sheep. I read the book at least 3 times at that time when I was seeking God very much, but since I started another way. However, I could never forget the words I read in Melody"s book. I truly believe that God is "working" in me and in anyone who once turned to Him. And this book helped me to turn to Him once and for all...I feel I must ask everyone not to give up the seeking for Jesus.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

No Compromise: The Life Story of  Keith Green
No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green by D. Hazard (Paperback - 4 Feb 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01