5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
This a great book to see how all the different muscles work during Pilates exercises. Very well explained and with excellent drawings.
Must have for Pilates instructors.
Published on 30 Jun 2011 by A.C.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for Kindle
Published 21 months ago by Zazie dans le metro

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 30 Jun 2011
This review is from: Pilates Anatomy (Paperback)
Must have for Pilates instructors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 10 Oct 2011
This review is from: Pilates Anatomy (Paperback)
I am training to be a pilates instructor and although I am new to the language of pilates and anatomy this book is essential for me.
I am able to break down my information to small chunks and concentrate on where each muscle is and what it is doing in each exercise.
A must for everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars clear and precise, 25 Mar 2012
This review is from: Pilates Anatomy (Paperback)
practical and clear, I bought the book as an additional one while qualifying as a pilates instructor. very good cues and easy to read and understand. the visuals are beautiful and very well done, it helps to see the muscles which are supposed to be working. would even use it in private classes for some clients to get the most benefit out of pilates!
the authors are world known experts and respect the different schools of how contemporary pilates is taught all over the world (imprint or not, modifications, etc.) as far as I can see, the main dfferences are mentioned without judgement, so everyone gains more knowledge by knowing what the others are doing differently.
would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to do more than bum thighs and tummy, but get to the principles of pilates with thorough explanations and student teachers.

5.0 out of 5 stars PILATES ANATOMY, 26 Feb 2012
This review is from: Pilates Anatomy (Paperback)
I FOUND THIS BOOK JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR TO CONFIRM THE SPECIFIC MUSCLES USED IN EACH PILATES EXERCISE AND THE GOOD CLEAR PICTURES WERE PERFECT TO SHOW CLIENTS EXACTLY WHICH MUSCLES THEY WERE ACTIVATING AND WHICH THEY WOULD TARGET IF THE EXERCISE WAS NOT DONE CORRECTLY .HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for Kindle, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Pilates Anatomy (Kindle Edition)
I'm training to be a Pilates instructor and the reviews of this text persuaded me to buy it. I bought the Kindle version because of convenience but this was a mistake because although you can increase the font size for the main text, you can't do it for the diagrams and I can't read the labels on them at all. Also I now realise it would be easier to flip back and forth to see what the descriptions refer to.
The text is informative but I have come across other books with a more targeted description of what each exercise does for particular muscles.

5.0 out of 5 stars essential for pilates teachers, 13 Dec 2011
This review is from: Pilates Anatomy (Paperback)
I have recently trained to teach Pilates. This is the best Pilates book I have found. Contains more information than the £3000 six month training course I paid for at a Pilates training establishment in Milton Keynes - in retrospect I could have bought this book and trained by home study, with a bit of backup from the excellent videos by Pilates on Fifth on You Tube. Buy this book, you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pilates Anatomy, 24 April 2012
This review is from: Pilates Anatomy (Kindle Edition)
A very interesting book. It is useful to understand why excercises are done in a particular way and the colour diagrams are clear without containing too much detail. I am not a Pilates teacher but I would guess that this book would be especially useful for teachers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Information - An Excellent Purchase, 1 Jun 2011
This review is from: Pilates Anatomy (Paperback)
This book contains information on both the basics of Pilates, teaching points as well as some of the exercises showing the various muscles that are used. This book, for me, incorporates some other books that I have, but are rolled into one which also means this book is practical as well. I wanted this book as soon as I saw it being advertised on Amazon and I'm very, very pleased that I did make the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pilates Anatomy, 17 Aug 2012
This review is from: Pilates Anatomy (Paperback)
There are great Anatomy books out there and great Pilates exercise manuals. This book combines the two, showing you precisely primary and secondary muscle groups involved in the main pilates exercises. I love it! Renate @ Clifton Pilates

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 Nov 2011
This review is from: Pilates Anatomy (Paperback)
This book is extremely clear and easy to understand. GREAT GRAPHICS.If YOU need Pilates related anatomy book THIS is the one for you

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Pilates Anatomy
Pilates Anatomy by Karen Clippinger (Paperback - 5 April 2011)