5.0 out of 5 stars fun to read in the tub!
My 18 month old loves to read, and this is one of his favourites - a bath is not complete unless we have read it at least twice.
Often the only way to get him in the bath is to show him that Rainbow Fish is there, and then to get him out again, we have to take the book into the bedroom!
Published on 17 Jun 2001 by Iain Rawlinson (irawlinson2000...

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice book but not as colourful as I'd hoped.
Published on 28 Jan 2012 by Alex's honest reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fun to read in the tub!, 17 Jun 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, easy to clean and teaches them to share, 19 April 2003
This review is from: The Rainbow Fish Bath Book (Bath Book)
The Rainbow Fish is my 7 mth old daughter's favourite and she always plays with it in the bath. She's had it since she was 5 months and it's a lovely well illustrated book with a message about sharing. Babies love the bright colours and shiny silver scales plus it's ok for them to chew on as they always seem to do with books. I prefer it to a paper or fabric book as this one is waterproof and can be wiped clean.
The story is really nice and I can imagine this being Megan's favourite book for a long time to come. It's also short enough to read when they're getting too tired to pay attention. Use it in the bath or on the floor this book is as good to look at as to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainbow Fish, 11 Oct 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Rainbow Fish Bath Book (Bath Book)
Rainbow fish is a beautiful story about sharing. It is beautifully illustrated with reflective holographic scales on the rainbow fish. Its great to read in the bath and pretend the fishes are swimming in the bath too!My son loves splashing in the bath and reading books, what a great combination!

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice book but not as colourful as I'd hoped., 28 Jan 2012
From the title of this book, I had imagined a really colourful book, but the overall tone all the way through is blue (as you can see in the picture) and the holographic scales are not as obvious as I expected. The story is reasonable although not the incredibly heart-warming tale that some of the other reviews had suggested. I think it is a little odd that a fish is told to give away bits of his own body in order to be able to have friends! At the moment, my son is only 8 months old and therefore simply enjoys chewing the book, but it seems pretty durable as it is undamaged despite his 6 teeth! I think we will enjoy reading it together later on.

4.0 out of 5 stars RAINBOW FISH BATH BOOK, 16 Sep 2009
This review is from: The Rainbow Fish Bath Book (Bath Book)
Well it's difficult to know how to rate a bath book. Let's just say that my two year old son has been using it most days for the past few months and the print is still intact and so is the book. It's passed muster for a two year old.
The Rainbow Fish Bath Book

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but very nice, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Rainbow Fish Bath Book (Bath Book)
A small book but just the right size for the bath. Nice and colourful. Overall a good little stocking filler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bath book, 6 Sep 2013
CLARE (LEAMINGTON SPA, WARWICKSHIRE) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rainbow Fish Bath Book (Bath Book)
This is a beautiful book for the bath. It is easy to use with beautiful illustrations. The children love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous story, but missing a little rainbowness!, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Rainbow Fish Bath Book (Bath Book)
My little one was super excited to get this and although loves it (and I too love the story), I was a little disappointed by the special effort on the scales, I thought they would be a little bit more exciting to look it. Still it is a favourite, just make sure its shaken dry and stored dry to stop any nasties growing on it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like the original story, 3 Jan 2013
Snaileen (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rainbow Fish Bath Book (Bath Book)
This book wasn't as sparkly and bright as I remember from the original. It was also very short. It is suitable for the bath and so works practically but I wasn't filled with the magic I was hoping for!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bathtime reading, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Rainbow Fish Bath Book (Bath Book)
always keen to promote my son's reading, a bath time book is such a good idea.
the book is spongey soft and waterproof, and he insists on reading it every bathtime!
the only negative and the reason for the 4 stars is that the story is a bit lame. it can easily be mis-interpreted to read that the fish is buying friends with his scales, as opposed to the real moral about sharing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Rainbow Fish Bath Book
The Rainbow Fish Bath Book by Marcus Pfister (Bath Book - 20 Sep 2012)
4.79