5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Teaching Book
FrameMaker is complicated, but this book really sets you straight. If you ever found yourself at a loss with FrameMaker, this is the book to buy. What I like about this book is that is focuses on more complicated aspects of the program and clearly spells out what makes FrameMaker tick. It's as close as you get to having an instructor there with you.
Published on 15 Sep 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars Only marginally beyond the basics.
I bought this book thinking it would finally help me understand some of those dark corners of FrameMaker that have always illuded me.
However, when I tried to find information about Printing Separations, I could not find a word. (Come to that, I could not even find "printing" in the index.)
When I tried to get some understanding of how FrameMaker...
Published on 13 Dec 2001 by mcooper@hamilton-medical.ch

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Teaching Book, 15 Sep 2001
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference, 22 Jun 2009
This review is from: FrameMaker 6: Beyond the Basics (Paperback)
I agree with one of the other reviewers that the subtitle "beyond the basics" is a bit misleading. Aside from that, this is an excellent and clearly written reference for Framemaker. Whenever I use Framemaker, I turn to this book for support.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only marginally beyond the basics., 13 Dec 2001
This review is from: FrameMaker 6: Beyond the Basics (Paperback)
When I tried to get some understanding of how FrameMaker handles its several dictionaries, I found only a beginner's lesson on how to run a spell check. (And, as you have probably guessed, "dictionary" is not in the index, unless you count "dictionary-style headers".)
If you were to imagine a fully comprehesive book on FrameMaker, were to cut out the "Getting Started" chapter, and were to remove all the advanced material, this would be the book.
As a professional writer (although not a FrameMaker guru) "Beyond the basics" is a book I could knock out in a month with no background research...

FrameMaker 6: Beyond the Basics
FrameMaker 6: Beyond the Basics by Lisa Jahred (Paperback - 17 Aug 2001)
Used & New from: 2.10