on 10 August 2004
I find this is an invaluable book and will often return to it when starting a new project - whether that's a new website or redesigning an old one. It takes you through all the necessary stages in running a web project, without overloading you with information. You won't overlook any detail if you follow through the book. The author's website is worth a visit and you can download template documents for carrying out client surveys, setting a budget etc. I always use these now.
on 18 January 2003
This book is a great guide with practical and usable methods. A must read for anybody who's interested in "doing it right".
I frequently have my internal and external clients read parts of the book because it explains what is needed resource and attitude wise for the desirable outcome in a web-project. Browse through it frequently to keep my projects on track and on target.
Highly recommend it!
on 4 October 2002
I am finding this book very useful as a primer and "creative juice extractor." The layout is fine (but the binding will not hold up to use), illustrations are pertinent, references lead to expanded coverage, indexing is well thought out, and little is left out. In the world of categorization, too much detail can kill the excitement. The authors and editors have done a fine job here.
on 20 September 2001
This book is the first one I have seen (and I have looked!) that provides valuable lessons and advice for project managers, producers or anyone else producing websites (from scratch or re-designing). If you like the idea of understanding website production whilst learning to avoid the problems that others have come across then this book is for you. It also ties in quite well with the teamwork element of the Jessica Burdman book, Collaborative Web Development
on 15 February 2011
Web Redesign: Workflow That Works (Voices That Matter)

An excellent book that has a great appreciation of the trade-off inherent in any web redesign project.

It not only highlights the typical obstacles you may encounter with a client during the redesign process, but gives solid recommendations as to how to overcome these.

There is also a short section on tracking the amount of work you do vs the amount you charge the client. Here the authors give you some "tough-love" which is well worth the price of the book on its own.
on 20 October 2014
good product. good price.
on 6 April 2013
Never used it, whenever I do open it I find nothing of interest in it. I guess someone will find this useful, but I don't.