on 24 March 2014
i decided to put this on my Kindle so that it could be used as reference tool and instruction manual for people when setting up or upgrading new PC's. i have to say that it has been of more use than i thought it would be, having it to hand with the relevant page open has shortened a few calls and provided some much needed confidence to new owners of Windows 8.1

Well worth the download.
on 14 November 2013
Although I would have liked to have seen more content that was specific to the enhancements in Windows 8.1, this book was available when the latest version of Windows was released, which is commendable. Most of the content in this book is relevant, but some does apply to Windows 7 and above. However, overall this book definitely deserves better than an average rating.
on 21 December 2013
I normally don't like reading technical books on my Kindle, as it is cumbersome to flip back and forth to previously read sections. However, this short text covers a lot of the questions I had about Windows 8 and especially 8.1. In addition it covers some technical and historical issues as well, which allowed me a greater insight into Microsoft's thinking in this rather radical and misunderstood OS. Buy it at this price its a gift!
on 15 January 2014
Is very ok to read, am encourage people to get the book and read. For me I.'ll get more of it
on 20 September 2014
Its Ok but for many can be difficult to get to grips with as at first appearance it's very different from previous versions of Windows but once you do figure it out it's not that different personally now as Windows 9 is due out next year I would wait & upgrade to that is it looks from the leaked videos I've seen that it is much more user friendly.
on 8 February 2014
I bought this book to kick me off with the new 8.1 operating system and read it before I received my new Laptop on order at that time. it was very helpfll to have read up on it as when the computer arrived it was very different to use than my previous Vista machine. but I had a good start havomg read much of this book first.
on 23 November 2014
The book is OK and it helps to find out just how bad windows 8.1 (if a little better than 8), how is it that Microsoft have to take a few attempts before they get it right, then bring out a new useless O/S
on 8 December 2013
very useful, and most of pictures are clickable so you can go navigate the figure by one click to move to that picture which you want, and web sites as well.
on 30 November 2013
Definitely for professionals although I did pick up a few points relevant for the layman. Gives you a good idea what 8.1 can be used for.
on 18 February 2015
Clear and concise book giving an introduction to Windows 8.1 and its capabilities. Good chapter layout and easy to read.