5.0 out of 5 stars VERY HANDY BOOK TO HAVE
I Have Found This Book Very Handy To Have And It Help's You Out When You Get Stuck With Your Computer Things Well Worth Buying
Published 12 months ago by COLIN ANDREW BROWN

3.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft's lost opportunity
Published 9 months ago by Ronjoe

3.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft's lost opportunity, 30 April 2014
Ronjoe (Worthin, West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Windows 8.1 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft)) (Paperback)
At first glance, this book looks like a really first class, in depth manual. But try to use it, and one is immediately given an example using Internet Explorer - quite natural, as this is a book published by Microsoft!! But, I found this tiresome after a time because I rarely use IE.; I much prefer to browse with Firefox or Google Chrome. More important, though, is that the treatment of the examples is rather casual (not enough steps shown); there are many books which do this much better - one that I use a lot is in the Brilliant series. The illustrations in Microsoft's book remind me of old black and white films - grainy, not sharp, and generally unhelpful. Why Microsoft stints on colour is beyond me

1.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8.1 Step By Step, 4 Jun. 2014
Unfortunately this copy is in fact a copy, areas that should be marked out in Blue are faint Black, which suggests a cheap copy. I would advise not from this supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY HANDY BOOK TO HAVE, 25 Jan. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars No use at at all a guide for Windows 8.1, 14 May 2014
I found this to be of no real help at all, I have learnt what I have about Windows 8.1 by trial and error. The practice files are impossible to find online and the things I want to do like transfer a picture from email to cloud file isn't covered so the book is more use as a door stop than a guide to Windows 8.1

1.0 out of 5 stars sorry, 21 April 2014
we have bought another one ,and sent this back sorry it was too difficult to manage.we found it very hard the other one,easy steps.

4.0 out of 5 stars WINDOWS 8.1 BOOK, 1 Jan. 2014
IT WAS WELL PACKED AND ARRIVED IN GOOD CONDITION ON TIME. AS I WILL USE IT AS A REFERENCE BOOK AS ALL IS WELL I HAVE HAD TO USE IT>

Windows 8.1 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft))
Windows 8.1 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft)) by Joli Ballew (Paperback - 29 Nov. 2013)