4.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate help book!
My new computer came with Windows 8 - what a nightmare!! Tiles that didn't relate to anything I had experienced before, folders which are now libraries - why did I bother upgrading my machine?

Published 18 months ago by Von27

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
Seems a fairly good book for those not familiar with windows 8. Only dissappointment is that the pictures could have been in colour. It would have been alot easier and comfortable to read and a be more attractive book. But because some of the pictures are too small and being in black and white one needs to 'squint' to read them.
Published 15 months ago by Chris

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate help book!, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Windows 8 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft)) (Paperback)

Windows 8 step by step held my hand and steered me through this maze of 'improvements', literally step by step. I have now customised my machine - got rid of all that superfluous rubbish that Microsoft insisted on putting on and I can use the computer as it should be used, as a tool to aid my work. Without the book the machine would have been back to the shop - or through the window. It was a close run thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, practical guide to Windows 8, 17 Nov 2012
I am sure there are lots of interesting discussions to have about whether Windows 8 is the right operating system for you or not, but if you are like me, for one reason or another you have to use Windows 8. In that case, this book gives very solid explanation of how to get the best from it.

I have heard many things about Windows 8 and how confusing it can be when you try it for the first time. If you come from a traditional Windows background it can initially seem a bit surprising. But Windows 8 Step by Step gives good practical guidance to anyone wanting to learn about Windows 8, and will reduce any issues or problems you might face.

There is lots of useful content in the book, which will be helpful for both the novice the more advanced user. I particularly found the chapters on Family Safety and security helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., 23 Nov 2012
David S. Hudson (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
As usual a Microsoft publication full of factual information, genuinely useful tips and as the title suggests, a step by step guide for all levels of Windows 8 users. Real value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars User friendly guide, 20 May 2013
Brilliant book. Couldn't have got on with my new laptop without it. Very comprehensive and user friendly. I haven't got a great knowledge of computers and I could use it fine, so anyone could. Step by step tutorials if you need them but often it's just enough to read the instructions without having to download practice files. I moved up from Windows XP to Windows 8 which is a hell of a jump, but I still picked things up ok. So far everything I've needed help with is in there. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars usefull, clear language used and easy to work with!, 23 Mar 2013
windows 8 is a whole new ballgame!
and differs as much as windows visata from XP or even more than that!
if you want to use this operating system and your computer to its full potentiel you need help and a good guide that gives you that help!
this is that good guide and this one gives you that help!
in clear easy to understand language ang gives you a lot of great and usefull tips to make a windows 8 computer your own!
a must buy especialy if you want to do more than those few basics and use your computer to your full andvantage and want it doing what you want and how you want it!

a definete must buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 9 Jan 2013
The information given in this book is easy to read and follow. If you have upgraded to Win8 this explains the lot

5.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase, 14 Dec 2012
A very useful manual to understand the Microsoft Windows 8.
Useful, clear, easy to use.
Simple and practical explanations.
Very interesting.

4.0 out of 5 stars recommended to buy before using new windows 8, 6 Dec 2012
purchased before I purchased my new laptop. glad I did as it gave me a good insight into what to expect from micro-softs new operating system. would recommend to anyone planning to upgrade from older widows o/s to new windows 8 as gives a good in depth insight into how it works and how to get the most from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 Step by Step, 4 Dec 2012
Andre Rodot - See all my reviews
Glad I purchased this book; it sure helps using the software !
Of course there are other books on this subject, but I consider
this one good.
Andre Rodot

4.0 out of 5 stars My experience of 'Step by Step' Windows 8!, 8 Nov 2013
I was a bit taken aback at the size of the manual, but it covers much more than I expected for what I personally will need at present - however, I'm sure that as I advance in getting to grips with Windows 8 it will be very helpful.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Windows 8 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft))
Windows 8 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft)) by Joli Ballew (Paperback - 6 Oct 2012)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available