on 26 October 2014
If you are completely new to time management, have an understanding of computer-speak and Outlook is your e-organiser of choice or imposition then this book is likely to be very helpful.

I understand computer speak but some of the paragraphs defeat me, they are so technically written that even after several re-reads I still haven't understood EITHER what they are proposing I do OR the point in doing it. Occasionally I see the point but don't follow their 'how', and sometimes I understand the 'how' but don't see the point or I already know a better way of doing it.

As ever, I am dismayed that they have used Stephen Covey ideas and renamed them - roles have become 7 hats (why?!), and the Big Rocks concept has become the Keiler System - to no conceivable end. They credit Dr Covey with the ideas but for some reason have to rename them?

That is not to say that there aren't some nuggets of information that I have found useful, but my advice is that unless you need to know how to use Outlook to manage time because Outlook is your only tool or has been imposed upon you, then treat this as an amusing illustration of what else is possible in time management.

But by TimePower (Hobbs) or First Things First (Covey/Merrill) to understand the time management principles that you can then apply with this book.
on 3 March 2013
This book uses outlook to deliver its time management programme. The tips and tricks for outlook are simple, good and well written. The time management advice is really very good and I use some of this outside of outlook.