4.0 out of 5 stars Essential tool for any technical writer
If you write support documentation for computer software you must have the Microsoft Manual of Style within reach. The 4th edition is fully updated with a simple layout and very easy to use. Highly recommended.
Published 14 months ago by Hawkeye

2.0 out of 5 stars Great content, but terrible formatting makes it unreadable
I was really looking forward to reading this, because I do a lot of UI design and technical writing for my day job -- and so far, the content I've read has been great.

Published on 19 Feb 2012 by Miss Eccleston

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential tool for any technical writer, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Manual of Style : Your Everyday Guide to Usage, Terminology, and Style for Professional Technical Communications (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great content, but terrible formatting makes it unreadable, 19 Feb 2012
Miss Eccleston "Cariad" (Exmouth, UK) - See all my reviews

Unfortunately, there are so many formatting problems, it's impossible to read the whole book on the Kindle. On some pages, content flows off the bottom of the page and you can't get to it. On other pages, the content flows off the side of the page. I've uploaded a photo to demonstrate this terrible formatting.

I unfortunately have to recommend the physical copy of this book over the Kindle edition, because this formatting errors make it impossible to read all the content.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wot? No windows 8 guidance?, 28 Aug 2012
Dee Vincent-Day "Complete Nerd" (Sheffield and London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have the third edition of this manual so was really looking for some guidance relating to writing about windows 8. I opened my book, eagerly seeking out the section about the user interface, my hopes were dashed when I found nothing about windows 8. There is a handy section about windows phone so I guess I am going to have to use that instead.

Considering this edition was published this year, I am extremely disappointed.

ARRAY(0xb1548e94)