on 19 February 2012
I was really looking forward to reading this, because I do a lot of UI design and technical writing for my day job -- and so far, the content I've read has been great.

Unfortunately, there are so many formatting problems, it's impossible to read the whole book on the Kindle. On some pages, content flows off the bottom of the page and you can't get to it. On other pages, the content flows off the side of the page. I've uploaded a photo to demonstrate this terrible formatting.

I unfortunately have to recommend the physical copy of this book over the Kindle edition, because this formatting errors make it impossible to read all the content.
review image
on 19 February 2013
If you write support documentation for computer software you must have the Microsoft Manual of Style within reach. The 4th edition is fully updated with a simple layout and very easy to use. Highly recommended.
on 26 January 2015
Such an amazing resource for those who write documentation. I'm already improving my writing abilities. Must have book for all technical writers.
on 4 August 2015
Becoming pretty much an industry standard these days. Leads you through writing clear concise work instructions
on 28 August 2012
I have the third edition of this manual so was really looking for some guidance relating to writing about windows 8. I opened my book, eagerly seeking out the section about the user interface, my hopes were dashed when I found nothing about windows 8. There is a handy section about windows phone so I guess I am going to have to use that instead.

Considering this edition was published this year, I am extremely disappointed.