5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful reference
Not sure about it being pocket size, but the quantity and quality of information is superb. Great series of books to collect and have on your library shelf.
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good on kindle
I bought this book on kindle for speed of delivery but reference books of this type do not really work in this medium. I found it almost impossible to find what I was looking for and difficult to jump between sections.
Published on 17 April 2012 by Jjjjjjjj

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful reference, 5 Oct 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good on kindle, 17 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, 27 Jan 2008
Mark K. Hefene (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
Yet another great release by William Stanek. I work as an Windows consultant and this is the one book I recommend without hesitation to my clients who are deploying Windows Server 2008. The guy really knows the subject and he gets the information across to the reader very well.

I found this book extremely informative, enjoyable to read and easy to follow. This book is a must to any Server Admin looking to start building his/her skills in Windows Server 2008. If you need to get up to speed quickly, this is the one to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor, 18 Jan 2008
rod955i (Marlow,England) - See all my reviews
Do not buy this book if you want to learn the new stuff that is in windows 2008 because it is not here. This book omits for example: powershell; Terminal Services Gateway and Terminal Services over HTTPS. It is also padded out with tonnes of useless info if you have a history with windows 2003. I will be asking for my money back from Microsoft Press. Very annoying and I feel like I have been ripped off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Metta Ete, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: Windows Server 2008 Administrator's Pocket Consultant 2nd Edition (Administrator's Pocket Consultant) (Paperback)
As an experience administrator this book help me understand all about server 2008 and the difference between the server 2003.
It really good book to carry for admin role. Thank Mr. Stanek for for your book. There are only few confusion in this book but it is very good and I will rate 89% for this good job this author done. It is also good for a beginner to understand. It is practical book for daily admin job.
Fantastic writing, example and scenario. Thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 April 2011
This book is excellent as your workday companion for finding solutions to upcoming problems. It helpt a lot when I took my 70-640 exam as well!

ARRAY(0xa73b3c30)