Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 February 2013
If this product is aimed at the newby then it's worth while getting, however I'm an advanced user and seeing that this book was from Microsoft i assumed it would cover ALL of Excel, it doesn't :(
on 28 June 2011
Step By Step is a very helpful manual for those wishing to learn MS Excel 2010, or upgrade from an earlier version.
I, however, bought the book because the 2003 version that I had been using gives not only the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Syllabus, but points out clearly in the text things that might come up in a MOS Exam. I was upgrading to start teaching 2010, and hence had to do the MOS Exam for 2010.

So, having bought the book because I wanted to know the syllabus for the Exam, on finding that the 2010 version DOES NOT EVEN MENTION MOS EXAMS, I felt rather cheated, hence only 3*.

The book no longer includes a CD ROM of Exercises - they are available from the web. It is important to remind the Author that not every computer is connected to the web!

My other main comment about this book is that it is not as user friendly - The Conventions and Features of earlier versions showed a number of helpful icons in the margins and text, including New features, Tips, Important things and Troubleshooting in larger Bold text - in this book they are not as clear.
on 3 September 2013
Thought this was going to teach me excel from start, instead it wanted me to download a heap of stuff and work on various exercises, which I couldn't do as I was at a works computer, no instructions about making tables from scratch, not at all what I was expecting or what I needed so a total waste of money from my point of view, I may even stick it back on here & re sell it, or use it on bonfire night!!!
What do I think of it so far??? RUBBISH!!!!
on 13 April 2013
Looking for work and have updated home PC to 2010 Office Pro. Wanted some tips and basic examples and tests.
on 22 July 2014
If you haven't made the step into Windows 7.0/8.0 yet, there's still much to learn from it if you're not in a rush to upgrade your present knowledge of Windows as it is. It won't last much longer than 2014, when you will definitely leave this book without regrets.
on 1 December 2013
Gives good detail of the differences between 2003 and 2010 to make the transfer over easier and also a good backup journal to look up any difficulties which may arise doing some new processes. Good hints on shortcuts.
on 8 October 2014
Great addition to my library of Excel explanations! May find what I'm seeking one day!
on 20 July 2013
I purchased mine on a kindle and I regret it. It's difficult to read from it, see the diagrams , screenshots etc, Its not a kindle type book at all so haven't read mine really. You may find it helpful of you purchase a paperback copy.
on 22 March 2015
A very useful and excellent book.
on 10 March 2013
Previously I have only used my kindle for fiction reading. I needed a reference guide / practice sessions to become familiar with Excel 10 layout. I am now up to Chapter 4, less than 24 hours of having received and am loving it. Simple step by step guide (many of the excel concepts I already know - but good to see where things are in ribbon layout - one of main reasons for purchase). The practice excercises were easy to access and immediate simple download. It is actually easier to use kindle book rather than a hard copy when completing excercises as pages do not keep flipping over. Loving it.