5.0 out of 5 stars A good build up book
Published on 31 Mar. 2011 by Kaushal

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed buyer
I'm afraid I was rather disappointed with this book, it does not really explain very much. The exercises are probably useful for the beginner but that's about all. Certainly no in-depth information.
Published on 28 Nov. 2009 by Mr. Alan Penn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A good build up book, 31 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Windows® 7 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft)) (Paperback)
This book contains a volume of instructions and could be valued as a user manual and a reference book for Windows 7. Those who are new to computers and Windows 7 would find this book very valuable. All topics are well illustrated in a numbered sequence and written in simple words. As you keep learning you do become confident about using a pc. Computer terms mentioned in this book helps me to understand pc and its functions too. My knowledge is average in pc operation and poor technically. Cover of the book is appealing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed buyer, 28 Nov. 2009
Mr. Alan Penn (UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Tina, 30 Oct. 2011
Although helpful, I found it hard to follow instructions.

The print was very small. I would have prefered the book to be larger so as to allow for larger font size. This would be helpful for people with a visual disability.

3.0 out of 5 stars dissapointment, 30 Oct. 2009
I had high hopes when I purchased this 500 page book. This is for the beginner and it certainly does not address the features that make Windows 7 worthwhile. There is no mention troubleshooting the compatibility problems that exist and the Media Centre which should have been covered in depth. I sent it back for a refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 Step by Step, 3 Mar. 2011
it is an excellent book if you have knowledge of Windows.
I have been unable to access the files on the disc - particularly
wanting the practice files.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better by the Book., 14 July 2011
Better than F1 help on line, gives a lot more detail and you could read it like a book ie from front to back or as a refferance book looking items up as required.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book for window 7, 27 Sept. 2013
Its a very good book and you can learn a lot from it .There is lots of information in the book and a CD to work with, and practice with.

2.0 out of 5 stars Step by Step Windows 7, 9 Nov. 2009
I decided to purchase this book which I thought might help me when I went to load Windows 7 purchased through you, on to my machine. I was updating from Vista. My machine was a new one purchased in January this year, and was well over the mininum spececifications required for the new system.
I loaded up the windows 7 Upgrade according to the instructions, and at the end most things (Subject to those that needed new drivers for 7) were working including my Internet access, by this time it was getting late on a Friday night so I shut down. The next morning I switched my machine on again and after doing some work on the XP partition, that I needed to get done, I switched over to the Windows7 on the other partition, which I had been running with Vista without any problems.
My next step was to download the upgrades that I found that I needed to get printers and other hardware working under 7. This is when I found that I could not access the internet any more using Windows 7. The Windows 7 Step by Step I found no help for this at all. It is now over a week since I have installed 7 and still have not managed to get it working properly.
Vista was OK, but I prefered XP, but at leat everything worked under Vista. This Book although it has a lot of exersizes to work through Does not give much help when things are not working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Step by Step windows 7, 16 Mar. 2012
The book looks fairly simple and understandable. I now have to get a computer with windows7 as mine is not compatible!! I look forward to using the book once I have bought a decentt computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Step by Step Windows 7, 20 Sept. 2011
I have found that this book was most helpful and I use it mainly for reference I have not tried the CD disk yet I have that to come.It seams to be well written and easy to follow.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Windows® 7 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft))
Windows® 7 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft)) by Joyce Cox (Paperback - 25 Sept. 2009)