4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to get into SQL 2008!
I needed to get some pretty simple work done in SQL (at least I thought so) and having very little experience with SQL I was looking for a book that could go from nothing to where I needed to be.
Other books I had tried before this one either expected a level of knowledge I did not have or were not easy to navigate to just the portions I needed.
I highly...
Published on 11 Feb 2009 by Steve99

Loads of errors in the examples across many chapters which cause problems in later chapters, better than the official exam text which as a learning tool for the skillset is a waste of time. Having read and learned how to program using O'Reilly's books for PERL and Pragmatic Programmers Ruby series, this book is rubbish.
Published on 23 Feb 2011 by C. O'Dwyer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to get into SQL 2008!, 11 Feb 2009
Steve99 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft)) (Paperback)
I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for an easy to follow reference covering all aspects of SQL to some level and imagine even someone with experience of SQL could take something away from it.

The only thing preventing me giving this 5 stars is not having read (or found) and other comparable 'getting started' type books on SQL 2008.

5.0 out of 5 stars SQL easy to learn, 23 Jan 2011
This is a great book. It provides sufficient instructions to allow you to build SQL server applications. I had almost no knowledge of SQL before I started reading it. I have only read half way through and I can already create SQL queries I thought I'd never be able to understand.
The instructions are very easy to follow. My colleagues who are experienced SQL server professionals find this book very useful as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Great book, and for its age still very informative, the disk is chock full of stuff aswell

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 7 Nov 2011
This is a excellent book. It starts with the basics and leads the reader into learning the more complex parts of SQL Server. I would definately recommend this book for beginner to intermediate SQL Server users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good step by step, 25 Sep 2011
Good product, really good for the basics and getting started with SQL. With little training this book has been great learning the data extract, upload and report server reporting.

5.0 out of 5 stars sqlserver 2008 step by step, 17 July 2011
J. R. Hashim "Jamil" (London) - See all my reviews
a very good book for biginers and people who want to know the basics
i was new to SQLserver and found the book easy to read and understand
would recommend it for bigginers and new users to sqlserver.

1.0 out of 5 stars Better than the offical Exam text Exam 70-432 but not a good book, 23 Feb 2011
C. O'Dwyer (uk) - See all my reviews

Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Step by Step (Step by Step (Microsoft))