4.0 out of 5 stars A wealth of Information

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Happy Bunny
Published on 27 Oct 2011 by Chris Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars A wealth of Information, 20 Jun 2010
L. F. Perrin (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647): Windows Server® 2008 Enterprise Administrator Core Requirements (PRO-Certification) (Paperback)
A good product with a wealth of information obviously designed for self-paced study, I can't help but think however that the information would be better presented and easier to ingest in video format and a study plan presenting the course material in the right order would be good, I personally found studying for this exam quite confusing when we are presented the information starting with the 70-640 first, I would have thought that the AD Design/Planning and Network Infrastructure material would be the logical place to start!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid material, 14 July 2009
Salonen, Janne "Janne Salonen" (Helsinki, Finland) - See all my reviews
Solid and comprehensive material about Windows 2008 operating systems. With these, you can easily master Microsoft MCITP certificate exams for Windows 2008.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Happy Bunny, 27 Oct 2011
Chris Roberts (Aldershot) - See all my reviews
I bought these books with a view to passing the exams, however I am disappointed there are a few errors in the books and to top it all there is now a 2008R2 version out which has features NOT in these books. I had to spend extra time researching these extra features which is taking longer than expected because I do not know until I get to them what these new features are.

I should have been made aware at the time of purchase that this is now outdated and that an updated version is available. I would have paid any extra and appreciated the good service.

Buyer beware you say!! You should have researched more you say!! I trusted that for the price I paid these books would have been up to date. I paid premium price for these books and feel cheated.

Instead I now have to study longer and received bad service. Shame on you!!

2 stars because I should of been notified of the Newer release.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Windows Sysadmins, 11 Jan 2011
Mole "Mole" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
If you are a sysadmin working in a wintel environment, then this is a boxed set that you really should have access to. It contains a great deal of information that can be used for learning about the products and as training / preparation for exams for the Server 2008 products.

Like most of the Microsoft books, they are pretty hefty, and can be a bit intimidating. However, once you get started, they are really easy to read and follow through, and if you have have experience of the earlier products, you will have no difficulty on picking up what you need to learn to bring you up to speed on the latest versions.

Yes the boxed set is a bit on the expensive side if you are buying it for your own use, but if it helps you pass the exam first time, then it would be a good investment. If you work in a production server environment, it would be money very well spent to keep systems running, and you should make it part of your budget to keep your skills updated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buy, 10 Jun 2010
Mr. C. Haswell (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchaced these books to study up for my MCITP Enterprse Administrators course. They are well layed out and provide exerlant real life situations. The workshops are great way to reinforce what you have read in the chapters. But make sure you have a few spare machines or use VM's as some of the optional ones take over 5 machines. Overall a good box set that helped me to obtain my MCITP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Sep 2014
handy books, helped me pass