on 4 September 2007
The good points of the book are:
1) some of the exercises are pretty well laid out and easy to follow.
2) i didn't find many mistakes in the examples.
3) the basics are covered reasonably well.
The bad points are:
1) including a cd with the book adds to the prices. the examples given on the cd could quite easily be downloaded from microsoft website instead. then microsoft could scrap the cd and reduce the price.
2) also the final few chapters on data warehousing were pointless to me.
3) the book only covers about 25% of the functionality of SSIS..surely the could have showed you how to use more the the new SSIS tasks?
4) probably won't use this as a reference book.
5) will need to buy a better SSIS book now just to get a clearer understanding of it.
there must be better books out there, so aviod this one.