5.0 out of 5 stars Advanced MS Office Support
At my place of work we recently upgraded to MS Office 2007 and I needed to better understand the XML file structure, principally in order to get more out of MS Word and MS Excel, both of which I use professionally. The new XML file structure offers significant benefits over previous versions of MS Office.

I consider myself a reasonably advanced Word/Excel...
Published on 22 Oct. 2010 by GreyLoch

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking
This book from the title implies it is the ultimate Excel book.
Unfortunately for me, I found it lacking - too wordy and not enough examples to refer to or verify you are at least going in the right direction.
Published on 15 Feb. 2011 by happylearner

5.0 out of 5 stars Advanced MS Office Support, 22 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Advanced Microsoft® Office Documents 2007 Edition Inside Out (Paperback)

I consider myself a reasonably advanced Word/Excel user, including extensive use of VBA. However MS Office 2007 is a radically different product 'under the skin', and although it presents superficially as just another version of MS Office, this masks the enhanced capability that has been incorporated following a complete re-write of the code.

Having ploughed through the MS MVP web pages for help on incidental issues, I noticed that Stephanie Krieger (the author of this book) had a particularly enlightening approach for easing readers into XML and other advanced MS Office techniques. She advertised this book on her web pages, and I consequently purchased it. It lives-up in every way to what I was expecting.

However it is NOT a book for MS Office 'beginners'. If you want to delve deeper into the VBA, XML and other advanced capability for any MS Office application (from a user perspective), this is an excellent book and is good value. I thoroughly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking, 15 Feb. 2011
This book from the title implies it is the ultimate Excel book.
The typesize is too small which is a little off putting and it tends to skip from one program to another. There are no exercises to confirm understanding and retention of information.
For that reason I had no option but to return the book - as I was left wanting.

Advanced Microsoft® Office Documents 2007 Edition Inside Out
Advanced Microsoft® Office Documents 2007 Edition Inside Out by Stephanie Krieger (Paperback - 10 Mar. 2007)
Used & New from: £5.17