Format: Hardcover|Change

on 18 March 2004
I'm about a third of the way through this book, which is pretty large in size at about 1500 pages. It is split into 7 parts which are Deployment planning, New installations, Upgrading, Network operations, Web services, Client services/support and finally System tuning and repair. It only covers the Standard Edition and the Enterprise Edition.
Needing to get up to speed quickly with Windows 2003 server as I shall soon be upgrading our network, I have found this book of excellent benefit for its coverage of upgrading. Easy to read and follow with it's very useful 'Real World' examples and tips.
Having many years experience with Windows NT4 and Windows 2000 this is the kind of book I like best as it is very easy to find the topic you require and also use as a reference book. I am though currently reading the book from start to finish which is a testament to how good the book is.
Not much is left out in this book. There are even chapters on 'Internet Security and Acceleration Server', 'Interoperating with Novell Netware and Unix' and 'Scripting'.
All in all a very sturdy book that covers Windows 2003 Server very well form planning deployment to troubleshooting and recovery.
on 17 November 2009
Great content, fills some of my gaps, 40 chapters. Only on chapter 5/40 and yet I just feel so far and looking onward that this is a good publication as I am using it to study for exam 70-293 before getting onto the latest 2008 exams. Recommend this for anyone doing the same or for further study/reference etc. Once again, Amazon brilliant for my computer book buys.
on 29 September 2015