5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant... The best ever
Published on 6 April 2008 by M. Rahman

3.0 out of 5 stars You Are What You Think
I think that we are all familiar with the term 'you are what you eat' but the fact that we are also what we think has escaped many of us! This book gives a clear and simple insight into the workings of the mind and how it drives our lives in ways we may not have appreciated. Although very dated in some respects, this book is still very much worth reading as the age of the...
Published on 20 Dec 2007 by S. Gardner

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant... The best ever, 6 April 2008
M. Rahman "tas" (London) - See all my reviews
Before reading this book I had read and heard a lot of other authors and always felt that there is something missing, that feeling of incomplete-ness if you know what I mean. I could not get the clear picture of the main concepts. I read Brian Tracey, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Anthony Robbins, Jim Rhon, Stephen Covey etc etc. Even though these authors always opened a new window, gave me a new insight but still this feeling was there.

I bought this book after recommendations in one of audio books and reading the reviews on amazon.co.uk and amazon.com. One of the reviewer said "buy this book and you won't need any other self help book" and that is absolutely true. This book just blew my mind. Every chapter, every page a whole new insight. This explains the basics and everything of what Tony Robbins, Jim Rhon, Brian Tracey etc teach. Dr Maltz explains everything so simply. When you read this book you will get this amazing feeling that yes I am with someone who knows what they talking about. After reading this I feel I can understand much better the advanced topics tht Brian Tracey and Anthony Robbins etc talk about.

I would highly recommend anyone interested in this subject to buy this without hesitation. This is a must read book. I have not read the new version but I can tell you that there is nothing like the original!

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly practical and enlightening, 7 April 2006
Mr. N. Moffatt (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Psycho-cybernetics: The Original Science of Self-Improvement and Success That Has Changed the Lives of 30 Million People (Paperback)
This book is profoundly good. Do not let the artificial sounding title put you off - it contains chapter after chapter of elegantly written guidance for living. It is evident in the writing that this is the result of not years but decades of observation by Maltz. The chapter on negative emotional habits is in itself worth the money. I bought the book to try to resolve 11 years of tension headaches. After reading teh first chapter, I stopped reading in order to try out some ideas. The headaches are improving, but almost as importantly, I have learnt so much more about myself. Not speculative, extrapolated ideas of the author, but the result of close observations of patients who were councelled before cosmetic surgery. In many cases, the intended facial surgery was canceled, to be replaced by surgery of attitude.
I cannot recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surpassed my expectations..., 25 Sep 2005
I bought this book out of curiosity. My initial impression was "What IS Psycho cybernetics??" I have read so many great reviews about it on amazon.com as well as amazon.co.uk about its "life-changing" potential. Since I am always constantly seeking new ways to improve myself, I decided to buy this book on a heartbeat. When it arrived, I started feeling a bit guilty for spending money once again on some book based on some feedback I read somewhere... so I put off reading it for a month. But when I finally picked it up, I was really amazed. No doubt, the language used in the book can often come across as being very stereotypical of some dubious late-night American TV-Sales commercials for motivational CDs and videos that could "change your life", but I saw through it all and faithfully tried all the exercises that the book suggested. In the end, it really did something for me. Some people may already have known how to utilise some of the tricks and techniques in the book. My husband, who used to play rugby in high school, already knew how to use a similar "mental picture" technique to improve his sport performance back then, so this book's advice came as no surprise to him. The relaxation exercise in the book too, was no news to me because I have done yoga and read several yoga books in the past. But apart from that, there are many other techniques and advice in the book that really deserve praise. Maxwell Maltz's analysis of how the human mind "works" may initially come across as somewhat different from what we are normally accustomed to believe... but try it. Give yourself maybe one week to give his advice the benefit of the doubt and try his exercises. It might end up doing something positive for you and who knows? You might be the next person to become a fan of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very powerful piece of work, 15 April 2011
I can't believe I haven't stumbled across this work of art before. It wipes the floor all other self development titles and my only regret is that I wasted so many years reading all the other sub par material out there before arriving at the magnum-opus. I really can't find the words to do this book justice but the information inside is very rich and plentiful and I will savor multiple reads in the coming years. It is written in a very digestible format and the quotes he uses to analogize are amazing and come thick and fast. The language is certainly dated in sections but it is not much of an effort to translate into your own modern interpretation. This book should be required reading. Thank you Maxwell Maltz for shining a light on truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Techniques to, 31 May 2002
By A Customer
Psycho-cybernetics is THE definitive self-help book. I read Maxwell Maltz's original book and benefited immensely. I was a little wary about reading an update. But I'm glad I did. The information is clearly presented, easy to read and there are practical suggestions for putting the advice into practice. If you have to overcome any bad habit, from shyness, lack of confidence, procrastination, chronic lateness, nail-biting, or anything else, you can do it with psycho-cybernetics. Although this version of the book was written 15 years after Maxwell Maltz's death, it is all in the first-person, as though Maltz himself had written it. Gives a new meaning to the term "ghost written"! But if you can live with that, it's a very enlightening book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Belive it before you read it., 30 July 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Psycho-cybernetics (Paperback)
This is a brilliant book that makes you feel like a million dollars, provided that you believe in it. If you accept what you read and acknowledge that you as an individual are a very special person and that you can achieve anything that you want to, then this is your 'life reference textbook '.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very grown-up read, 12 May 2008
N. H. Hyde "battleeditor" (Hove, UK) - See all my reviews
I approached the book with caution -- the somewhat psychobabble title was potentially off-putting -- but I must confess that I have been extremely impressed.

Maltz's style is thorough, approachable, and not at all patronising. His arguments are convincing, and I found myself nodding in self-recognition during many passages. His prescriptions are thought-provoking and eminently achievable, a million miles from some of the happy-clappy practices of NLP that may have you smiling for a few hours, but which ultimately can feel shallow and unconvincing.

In fact, the core of Maltz's thought is a thorough-going reality check, a calm, measured and thoroughly reasonable dissection of one's internal and external world view, with the aim of proving that the only person preventing growth and achievement is our own self, and what to do about it.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars hype free writing from a master of human nature, 15 May 2007
This book forms the blue print for a number of todays motivational / coaching gurus. From a lifetime of observing human nature from the perspective of the surgeon Maltz discovered that human behaviour was massively effected by their internal perception of themselves "self image". A riveting read for anyone interested in human behaviour. Colin Vint - Boxford Build CIC

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING REVELATIONS ON HOW SUCCESS BEGINS WITH THE MIND, 3 Dec 1997
By A Customer
The original "White Castle Burger" of personal development. I ate up this book like burgers were still selling for 29 cents. The techniques and real life stories make this book just as relevant today as when it was first written. I think this book is a must for anyone not satisfied with their present condition and want to know how to run for the gold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Oct 2001
By A Customer
I read this book many years ago and was so impressed that I got all my friends, colleagues and family to buy a copy. They all loved it too. Since reading this I have recognised psycho-cybernetics at work in so many areas of life, mine and others. Simply the most sensible book I have ever read. No gobble-de-gook and, considering it is an American publication, surprisingly succinct. A wonderfully straight-forward approach to self-image psychology. An enjoyable, enlightening and inspirational book.