Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 May 2010
I completely agree with the first review that this book is very readable. I purchased this, Accounting Theory by Godfrey et al and Financial Accounting and Reporting by Elliott and Elliott for my degree and I find they complement each other. The book has some interesting chapters (Conceptual Framework, International Differences and Corporate Governance) but the other chapters (Historical cost vs Fair Value etc) lack essential detail as they seem to skim the issues.

All in all though, it was worth purchasing this book as an overview of topics with a view to reading more content in journals and other texts.
on 13 September 2009
I highly recommend this text to anyone interested in the current issues surrounding Financial Accounting & Reporting. The text is written in very simple English which makes it readable by any audience. What I found striking about the book is that at the end of each chapter there are suggested readings for those that are of a technical background to delve deeper into the subject matter covered by that particular chapter. I hope that the authors will find time to continuously update the book since financial accounting & reporting is a highly dynamic one.
on 8 May 2015