5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect starting school book.
My little boy was given a few books about starting school - this was by far the best. We read it quite a few times before he started in reception, and he asked to read it a lot over the course of the first term. So much in the book was 'just like in my class' - it really struck a chord. This book is just perfect; I can't recommend it highly enough.
Published on 13 Jan 2004 by G. Milner

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good as I thought it would be
As a big fan of Ahlberg books I thought this would be so much better than it was. It was a bid dull which is sad because normally this author's books are lots of fun and inspirational. I also didn't think it really matched today's school environment particularly the fact that none of the children in the pictures wore uniforms which is not the norm surely as beleive me I...
Published on 23 Jun 2011 by charlie

5.0 out of 5 stars great success, 25 April 2013
my 5 year old grandson starts school next month and loves the book - has read it every night for the past 2 weeks...

5.0 out of 5 stars Starting school, 21 Aug 2012
D. Peckover (uk) - See all my reviews
My daughter loves this book, shes due to start school this autumn and we read thus book all the time!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab "Starting School" book for your 4 yr old, 3 Oct 2011
This is a beautifully illustrated paperback following a handful of children as they start school....day one, day two, week one....up to Christmas. Lovely and ideal to aid the transition to BIG school. My 4 year old daughter loves it. I will buy again next year when friends' children are starting school.

4.0 out of 5 stars long but a good read, 26 Sep 2011
This is a nice book to share with your children as they are starting school. I read it to my little boy a few times and he really connected with it and I think it helped prepare him for what was to come. Long but worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 26 Sep 2011
My daughter started school this Sep, she loved it, the story is simple & the pictures are very well done. Would definitely recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for children and parents alike, 5 Sep 2011
I bought this book two weeks before my daughter started school so that she would get an idea of what was coming her way. My daughter asked for this book to be read a number of times over the two weeks and asked a lot of questions about the pictures. I like the way that a number of children start school at the same time and it shows a day, then a week, a few weeks, then the whole of the first term. It also shows the children getting ready each day (although in our house we have breakfast and then clean teeth) which enabled me to start a discussion about the importance of getting up and ready each morning. I love it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Starting School, 2 July 2011
My daughter loves this book and we read it almost everyday, it has some good pictures and is a lovely story to read.I like the fact that is starts of with everyone in the playground meeting their teacher, which it what my daughter will be expecting to do when she starts school in september, I feel this story is suitable for getting children ready for school.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book to help prepare for school., 29 Jun 2011
A classic book which instantly appealed to my 4 year old. He keeps asking to read it as we prepare for the move up to big school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!!!!!!!!!!, 16 Jun 2011
This book is a story I was read by my dad when I was younger. A large part of my childhood, relaying off the list of children's names (which I can still do after many years!) I have recently bought a bulk buy of this book to give to the leaving children of my pre-school to celebrate them moving on to 'Big School'. I really do hope they enjoy the story as much as I did. The story also covers a lot of the events and times I remember doing as a child in the early years of school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 'new schoolers', 22 Sep 2010
E. Waterland - See all my reviews
A great book for little ones starting school for the first time because it doesn't just cover the firs tday or so - it continues through to Christmas so will be re-read all through the first term. Also, all is not sweetness and light - tiredness, cross teachers and arguments are all included! Great pictures a sone expects from this team!

Starting School (Picture Puffins)
Starting School (Picture Puffins) by Allan Ahlberg (Paperback - 4 July 2013)
5.24