Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 December 2008
Rumi's poetry goes straight to the heart. I absolutely love it and can really say that it changed my life.
on 23 April 2006
I love this little book, and dip into it often. The translation is very good, unlike some volumes of Rumi's work where the "translators" have given themselves rather a free rein.

For the quality of selection, however, my favourite remains Juliet Mabey's Rumi: A Spiritual Treasure which is beautifully arranged and rather easier to find your way around. But all in all a lovely book, and highly recommended.
on 24 April 2005
A facinating book, very insightful and intoxicating. Its a perfect size too. A thoughtful book which I liked reading.
on 21 January 2010
Very beautiful. I don't know how his book figures in terms of a quality translation. But I do know that, if you've never read Rumi before, this is a lovely little book that you can dip into and enjoy. This was my 1st experience of reading Rumi, i will be reading more.
on 27 August 2003
This speaks of the intimacy of being swept up by the endless love of God, something strikingly fresh from the cold face of religion so often portrayed in media.
It is relevant and it is beautiful. Read it and see a different side to Islam.
on 6 January 2015
Little emotional and spiritual gems, caught in words. This is not a book that one reads from cover to cover. Rather it's something to pick up now and then, to ponder over a few randomly chosen quatrains. For me (and everyone I've introduced to this little marvel) this goes beyond reading, but enters the transformation territory. It's like I can feel myself changing while reading... It also frequently succeeds in bringing tears to my eyes. Tears of joy, sorrow, and longing - tears for the beauty and sorrow of being human. I never thought poetry would be able to touch me that deeply, but here I am. I am impressed with these translations as well. Massively recommended for everyone looking for the transcendental dimension of life.
on 27 October 2010
Rumi has a great power to move a person to tears - and this is a highly recommended translation. The book is pocket-sized and the poems are well presented.
on 19 October 2015
A short book of poems by the great persian poet. I bought this as my late father was a lover of Rumi's work and something recently triggered a desire to learn more about his works. The poems themselves are beautifully written but this book does not do justice - rather expensive given the small number of poems, pages and size of the book.
on 15 November 2014
It is something so lovely, pure and takes you to another world, another level of thinking. I cannot see anything negative or ugly in it. It's just brilliant! I always read it when I want to "clean" my brain and forget about the trivial matters around me.
on 30 March 2015
I love this little book of snippets of wisdom quotes by Rumi - mainly on humanity, love and the divine. I read one everyday to help give me some perspective and something to think about through the day. A truly masterful poet and guru.