5.0 out of 5 stars This no-nosense book saved my back, 5 Nov. 2007
This review is from: The Back Book (Paperback)
I've became a convert after I got this book from my wife after a particularly bad episode of non-specific lower back pain, that saw me in agony barely being able to crawl for 2 days. When I still struggled to walk properly and without pain several months later, I turned to this book for help. This was 10 years ago, and despite spending up to 10 hours a day sitting in front of a computer at work, I only feel my back ache occasionally - and only after unusual exercise, e.g. lifting stuff into the loft. The key is to build up and maintain your body core muscles - abdominal and back, and this book will show you how.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help and reassurance when needed, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Back Book (Paperback)
I bought this book when my back gave way. I thought I was doing enough exercise and so I didn't know what movement was safe and what was not.
I found the book reassuring when my back was bad. Helpful in knowing what I should and should not do. Informative with diagrams to explain how the back was structured and in what ways it can be damaged. Useful in telling me what I should do in future to reduce or prevent further episodes.
I can't say whather following this programme would work as it is too soon to say - but so far things are OK

The Back Book
The Back Book by Gavin Hastings (Paperback - 17 May 1999)
Used & New from: £0.01