4.0 out of 5 stars brilliantly simple book!
Published on 16 Nov 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars lots of wheat
I like a lot about this book, as in alternatives to shop bought tofu but I am struggling to find the recipes that do not include wholewheat flour.
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliantly simple book!, 16 Nov 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Tofu Cookbook: Over 150 Quick and Easy Recipes [ cook book ] (Paperback)
Amazing book!! The most stunning recipes for creamy, yet really low fat soups are to be found in the first chapter. (following an explaination of various types of tofu - very interesting). This book, unlike most tofu recipe books, has recipes for which you will have most of the ingredients in your kitchen cupboard already.So there is no need to rush out and buy weird and wonderful things. There are recipes for one, recipes for families, recipes for fancy dinner parties... breakfast, lunch and dinner. Oooh, and the puddings are really quick and easy and taste divine! I would recommend this book to anyone looking for low fat, cholesterol-free recipes. You do not have to be a vegetarian/vegan to enjoy these recipes.Who would have thought 'heart healthy' could taste this good!?

5.0 out of 5 stars tofutastic..., 31 July 2003
JanieH (Brixton, London) - See all my reviews
if you've ever bought tofu and wondered what you can do with it, other than stick it in a stir fry, then this is the book for you! everything from soups and starters, to puddings and cakes. you can even make french toast with it! easy to follow recipes that turn out great every time!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that deserves to be on every cooks shelf, 22 July 2007
I am always impressed by Leah Leneman's cookery books and this one is even more impressive.

Heard of Tofu? It's supposed to be bland and boring - but NOT if you buy this book! This book will help you spice up your cookery repertoire and you will impress your friends.!

I think it is worth buying just for the Tofu cheesecakes - absoultely amazing and a taste to die for!

4.0 out of 5 stars LET DOWN BY NO PHOTOGRAPHS, 29 Jun 2014
One thing I have learned the hard way is to always look at product reviews for cookery books 'til I see the phrase "beautifully illustrated with gorgeous photographs" (or some such expression). I didn't, and got this book which has no photographs in it at all - which is just the sort of cookbook I don't like as, to me, just a load of words is boring.

HOWEVER, don't let that put you off buying it. The recipes are very good indeed (have already tried about five of them - the curries are particularly FAB) and easy to follow so if you, like me, are in your 50's and want to introduce more soya protein into your eating regime, this one is heartily recommended. Would also be a lovely gift for a foodie.

I've only docked one star because of the lack of photographs.

3.0 out of 5 stars lots of wheat, 5 Jan 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Not keen on the recipes, 10 Dec 2013
Mrs. M. Lyons (Plymouth UK) - See all my reviews
I was a bit disapointed with the recipes as they are rather bland (to my taste buds) so I have given it to a friend who is less into spicey food than me and I am sure will enjoy it. Tofu can be rather boring so I was hoping for a book with flavourful recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 10 Dec 2013
E. Edwards - See all my reviews
I already have a book by this author which I have had for years and still use.
All these recipes use tofu and cover all types of meals.There are loads of recipes. I like the desert section and the various types of flans and cheesecakes.

I wish she would write anothe cook book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 17 Nov 2013
Love the cookbook full of simple and tasty dishes.I would recommend to anyone seeking a healthier but still delicious diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tofu, 17 Jun 2013
J. E. Wainwright "book Zimbo" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Wonderful book first time maker of Tofu and found the book so easy to understand
Amazing recipes and would certainly recommend this book to fellow tofu eaters
My first batch turned out well and boy can you tell the difference

The Tofu Cookbook: Over 150 Quick and Easy Recipes [ cook book ]