5.0 out of 5 stars New idea
Since we don't know what really happend, I think that all ideas are valid and that new ideas create thought. We do not need evidence that this is true, just the same with god. We have no hard evidence that there is a god. I respect the very few of us that question, think, and formulate our OWN opinions not based on popular beliefs.
Published on 12 April 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Pyramid information is amazing, but the ideas lost track.
Published on 26 Jan 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Pyramid information is amazing, but the ideas lost track., 26 Jan 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Gods of the Dawn: The Message of The Pyramids and The True Stargate Mystery (Hardcover)
Prior to reading this book, my knowledge of the great pyramids and the surrounding area of Giza was very limited but a curiosity in the subject has always been present. So I picked up this book and began to read. Immeadiatly I was amazed. The mathematical and astronomical accuracy of the Pyramids cannot be denied and reading this information does make the reader question many of the 'classical' thoughts about their presence. Peter Lemesurier delivers these mathematical and astronomical facts very easily indeed. Although it may seem like it is going to be heavy going, with the use of good diagrams and straight-forward language he makes it very easy for the reader to understand, and feel, the impact of the Pyramids. However, the book also includes the authors thoughts on 'who'. I do understand that this is just Peters opinion but I felt that towards the end of the book it started to read more like a science fiction novel. I don't just mean the content in this, but the way the actual story is portrayed to the reader. The author does supply the reader with the reasoning behind his ideas, but this does not stop the 'feel' of the book changing. In summary, if you want to know about the pyramids, and data regarding their architecture and geographical location, then this is a well presented, easy to understand book. However, once the factual element is over be prepared for a change and expect more of a sci-fi style. Worth a read just for the Pyramid information.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY, 6 Jun 2005
As an avid reader of all types of literature dealing with ancient mysteries and general conspiracies I thought this book would be a useful addition to my library.In fact it was a complete and utter let down,without doubt the worst book I have ever purchased from Amazon.The "Author" pours forth such an unsubtantiated and nonsensical stream of twisted statistics concerning the Pyramids that even the most ardent and enthusistic conspiracy freak is left feeling ashamed and rather foolish.Instead of arousing ones interest in these fascinating structures this book instead will drive you round the bend.

2.0 out of 5 stars gods of the dawn, 29 Aug 2011
Imran Akram (Lahore, Pakistan) - See all my reviews
This book may be a good read for someone who has not read the earlier book from Peter, "The Great Pyramid Decoded". Extensive part of the book, Gods of the Dawn, shares the same thoughts.

2.0 out of 5 stars A small amount of history and a lot of fanciful conjecture, 24 July 2007
M. Booker - See all my reviews
Like other readers I knew little of the wonders that that Pyramids hold, both in terms of the structural engineering and the lives of those who built them, and the reasons behind their enormous undertakings. Sadly, after reading the book, I still know little about these elements. The book started well, with some interesting quasi-scientific interpretations of the structures and messages encoded by the pyramids architecture and construction. However, towards the end the author seems to have taken an acid tablet, and ventures in to sweeping conclusions about messages from alien life and faster-than-light travel. A shame, as it did promise a lot, and delivered little more than a rather far-out personal view of alien intelligence.

5.0 out of 5 stars New idea, 12 April 1999